Metal at 40

Ady

That was great! Thanks for sharing it, Ady! Of course I have always loved Zep but I still enjoy listening to Black Sabbath and Deep Purple. My son went through a metal stage when he was young and we still remember how his door and windows rattled when he blasted "Paranoid."

I used to be your typical 'metal dude' with long hair and shirt to match, but I'm very glad I've opened myself up to much more music styles, even if they sound more commercial.

i was the same, then one day on the beach in s.padre island , tx i was at a party and this song reached out and touched me it was bob marley the song was stir it up been a huge reggae fan since. though growing up i listened to everything. i still do today the only thing i can't listen to is rap and that growling music

I was never huge into Deep Purple (nor did I dislike them) but I always loved Sabbath, Zep, Tull, Steppenwolf and the like. Like so many of my friends I was on a huge metal binge in the late 70s leading into the early 80s but my interests began to change once I heard the first strains of U2, R.E.M. and others that told me there was more to the "New Wave" movement than synth-heavy, skinny-tie bands that were beginning to dominate rock radio due to their popularity on MTV.

Archived