What Are You Listening To At This Moment?

The Pagemeister

4 hours ago, John M said:

This is dope af. Thanks for posting. I've liked Fela Kuti's music for many years but never ventured beyond that as far as African music goes. The drumming is so good I had to start googling lol. Joby Jobs, wonder if that was his real name ...?

4 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

Looks like John M started something here lol. This is also dope and love that theremin on Soul Vibrations.

Huh? Did I miss something by John M? I just like Dorothy Ashby...the harp makes an interesting jazz instrument. Which is also why I love Alice Coltrane.

3 minutes ago, Strider said:

Huh? Did I miss something by John M? I just like Dorothy Ashby...the harp makes an interesting jazz instrument. Which is also why I love Alice Coltrane.

That's a funny coincidence! yeah, he posted something earlier today (see above) in the Afro-jazz arena. I mistakenly thought Dorothy Ashby was also African (just going off the title above) but nope she's American, my bad. All great stuff tho!

2 minutes ago, 1975NQ said:

That's a funny coincidence! yeah, he posted something earlier today (see above) in the Afro-jazz arena. I mistakenly thought Dorothy Ashby was also African (just going off the title above) but nope she's American, my bad. All great stuff tho!

Oh, thanks for the tip. I'll go and look. He usually posts groovy stuff.

Edited by Strider

18 hours ago, 1975NQ said:

This is dope af. Thanks for posting. I've liked Fela Kuti's music for many years but never ventured beyond that as far as African music goes. The drumming is so good I had to start googling lol. Joby Jobs, wonder if that was his real name ...?

Glad you liked it.  I first heard Dibango back in 1973-74 when FM radio was playing his track "Soul Makossa" alot.  Years later I found more of his music.  Check out Soul Makossa on YouTube and another track called New Bell.  Killer bass and drums on both.  Love the bass tones.

5 hours ago, John M said:

Glad you liked it.  I first heard Dibango back in 1973-74 when FM radio was playing his track "Soul Makossa" alot.  Years later I found more of his music.  Check out Soul Makossa on YouTube and another track called New Bell.  Killer bass and drums on both.  Love the bass tones.

Checked them both out. And now I know what's going on the playlist when I get out of town for the holidays. I'm glad my car has a good sound system because I will def be turning up that bass. 👌