Myth Gem collectibles

gibsonfan159

3 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Does anyone know of a list or guide for all the Myth Gem items?

There isn't one as far as a I know, aside from what I have compiled on my own. Essentially, they were officially licensed to produce posters, calendars and t-shirts. Myth Gem, as a I recall, was a subsidiary of Bill Graham's Winterland Productions. I doubt very much the band or their attorneys still retain the original licensing documents on file. Anything Bill Graham had on file was likely destroyed in May 1985.

Bill Graham's Rock Music Lore Destroyed in Fire - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Edited by SteveAJones

A guide for all official merchandise post-1980 would be interesting.

I was looking up Mythgem on google and shows it's a Led Zeppelin owned corporation.  Bill Graham would only have been granted a licence for a certain time to produce merchandise through Winterland, which I'm sure is how it works to this day with current licensee companies.

6 hours ago, zeplz71 said:

A guide for all official merchandise post-1980 would be interesting.

I was looking up Mythgem on google and shows it's a Led Zeppelin owned corporation.  Bill Graham would only have been granted a licence for a certain time to produce merchandise through Winterland, which I'm sure is how it works to this day with current licensee companies.

Makes sense, they (Myth Gem, Ltd) were/are a royalties collection company as opposed to a manufacturer of merchandise. Essentially a licensing agency. If I recall correctly, one of the Myth Gem, Ltd posters I have there are two versions, one with a Winterland Productions licensing credit at the bottom and one without. I don't recall any official Led Zeppelin merchandise post-1980 until the incorporation of Myth Gem, Ltd. on 6th March 1984.

• 1 year later...

The surviving members of Led Zeppelin split Mythgem equally between themselves and John Bonham's family when Mythgem was set up on March 6, 1984.

Shareholders:

Jimmy Page - 25 %

Robert Plant - 25%

John Paul Jones - 25 %

Pat Bonham - 12.5 %

Jason Bonham - 6.25 %

Zoe Bonham - 6.25 %

https://ledzepnews.com/2023/07/12/the-definitive-guide-to-led-zeppelins-corporate-empire/