Honeydrippers / Robert Plant 1981 - Press / Ads / Interviews

Always loved what Robert did with the "real" Honeydrippers" - heard  very good audience-recordings of the shows in Derby, Manchester, Nottingham and Bradford, but to get hold of a really excellent recording from that short tour in April/May 1981 is one of my wildest dreams (musicwise) since 1981. This "back to the roots"-period was absolutly fantastic and a lot of fun. These guys rocked, what a fantastic formation fronted by Robert and Robbie Blunt and seen from that angle, the "Volume 1" was always a dissapointment. Will never give up hope for a beautiful soundboard-recording and it would be a good idea, if Robert would add one of these shows to the forthcoming expanded edition of official Honeydrippers-album.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, zeppcollect said:

Always loved what Robert did with the "real" Honeydrippers" - heard  very good audience-recordings of the shows in Derby, Manchester, Nottingham and Bradford, but to get hold of a really excellent recording from that short tour in April/May 1981 is one of my wildest dreams (musicwise) since 1981. This "back to the roots"-period was absolutly fantastic and a lot of fun. These guys rocked, what a fantastic formation fronted by Robert and Robbie Blunt and seen from that angle, the "Volume 1" was always a dissapointment. Will never give up hope for a beautiful soundboard-recording and it would be a good idea, if Robert would add one of these shows to the forthcoming expanded edition of official Honeydrippers-album.

There's at least one video that exists as well (uncirculated).

may81ad-granary-sam.jpg

81_derbyad-sam.jpg

march81_keele_university_sam.jpg

81-may-manchester_flyer_sam.jpg

I was at the Manchester Poly show. I was 19 years old. I was very close to the stage and had a great time. People did yell out for Zeppelin songs but Plant put that to bed very early on. " We are an RnB Band not a stadium rock band" if I recall or something like that

All Saints was a great venue. I also caught The Police there supporting a (in) famous Didsbury band called The Albertos, in the 70's. Gong too, and their off shoot Here and Now. Many a joint shared in there I can tell you.