2023/24 NHL Season

hummingbird69

8 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

I don't know who showed up to play hockey tonight but it wasnt the Bruins. They had no energy at all and didn't make any real effort until it was too late.  That was a nice elbow to McAvoy's head, took him out of the game.  Buffalo didn't play all that great. Their win is more to the Bruins sucking than their playing really well.

I am not doubting this but they did outshoot them significantly.  Tage Thompson is back and Quinn is expected Jan 7 which is not soon enough.  It was a much needed win for the Sabres.  Boston likely is of the mindset that they need to just get in.  Then play their best.  After the regular season they had last year and the upset by Florida, they care more about the playoffs than regular season I am sure. 

Both Buffalo and the Bruins dropped another one last night.   Once again the Bruins should have been able to win that game but they just didn't play hard enough. Buffalo is just going to scrape along all season. I don't know if they can up their game enough t make the playoffs. And what the hell happened to the Ducks!!???  Win 9 straight and then fall off to the tune of 1 and 11 in their last 12.  I wonder whats going on in that locker room.

Another one goal game for the Bruins! and a loss in OT.  The rangers made the Bruins look stupid on the OT goal.  The Bs made a line change and the three guys on the ice didn't even move and let the Rangers walk around them making the Bs look stupid.  Pastrnak got himself ejected from the game with a totally stupid hit and it probably cost the Bs the game in some way.  Bruins are looking dumber and dumber. Also Buffalo laid and egg against the Yotes. Not looking good.

Edited by hummingbird69

17 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Another one goal game for the Bruins! and a loss in OT.  The rangers made the Bruins look stupid on the OT goal.  The Bs made a line change and the three guys on the ice didn't even move and let the Rangers walk around them making the Bs look stupid.  Pastrnak got himself ejected from the game with a totally stupid hit and it probably cost the Bs the game in some way.  Bruins are looking dumber and dumber. Also Buffalo laid and egg against the Yotes. Not looking good.

Its a strange regular season so far.

9 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

The Bruins are fast becoming just another team in the NHL.  Need to play a much better cleaner game. Buffalo lose to The Blue Jackets 9 to 4 now that is a terrible loss and to a team that has a worse record than they do.

Granato is likely on thin ice but the one that should be fired is Adams.  I cant stand him.  He lost Eichel, the idiot who thinks he is a doctor. And he did not address the goalie problem.  Keeps Comrie who sucks.  Last night he starts Levi.  Why?  Luukenen likely had little motivation  He should have been declared the number one goalie but instead they send Levi to Rochester for rehab and they think the result is going to be better?  Fire Adams now!  How much do you want to bet they fire Granato instead?  And if they do, who is the coach then?  An interim?  Its not too later to make a move, unless the players quit on Granato like the Chargers quit on Staley.  

As for Boston, yes they have some problems.  Last years record I believe made them think they were better than they actually were.  They are not the 76 or 60's Canadians.  They faced a more desperate team last night so they are still at the least co favorites to win the East.  I still believe Toronto has the talent to get to the finals. They are finally waking up again. But every time I have faith in them they turn around with a  dud.  I believe they play the Sabres either Thursday or Saturday.  The Sabres beat them the last time an have owned them for years. But this time I think the Leafs will blow us out and then Granato is certainly on think ice if not already.  Poor guy.  Not his fault. Id trade both number one picks, yes.  Dahlin and Power. That would fetch some return.  OR trade a guy like Krebs.  Maybe you guys want him?  Young prospect that has had flash's.  Maybe a new uniform would do him right and whoever wants him?  Something must be done.  We need a goalie first and foremost.  Call Winnipeg who are also not doing as well as they were.  Maybe they bite on Hellenbuck

Hopefully both teams won't just implode over the weight of their shortcomings. Marchand is no captain. His game is not to lead by example at all times just some of the time. Bergeron is sorely missed. They need to find a guy who has the same kind of 2 way game. The need a great center to tie things together.  Buffalo just needs to tighten up as a team and have more confidence. The goalie issue shouldn't be bothering the goalies both are getting ice time but when you have a guy who's supposed to the number one but isn't being played that way it can cause inner turmoil that can mar the game. They just have to pull things together.

Another loss, 4 straight. That hasn't happened in quite a long while.  Bruins need a real Captain Marchand is not doing well in my book. He needs to have the pressure taken off him so he can play his game which he cannot do as Captain.  Bruins need a player who can bring the team together on and off the ice like Bergeron did.  Some of these guys like Trent Frederic need to go and players like Coyle and especially Debrusk need to step up their games considerably. They also need to stop taking stupid penalties.

8 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Another loss, 4 straight. That hasn't happened in quite a long while.  Bruins need a real Captain Marchand is not doing well in my book. He needs to have the pressure taken off him so he can play his game which he cannot do as Captain.  Bruins need a player who can bring the team together on and off the ice like Bergeron did.  Some of these guys like Trent Frederic need to go and players like Coyle and especially Debrusk need to step up their games considerably. They also need to stop taking stupid penalties.

Im sure they will be fine. Its a strange year.  Tough to read.  The only certainty is San Jose is the worst team right now.  A few years back nobody thought that would happen.  Sabres lose in OT at the Garden.  But it proves they took a night off in that loss to Columbus.  It seems Granato has them at least back on track and getting Jack Quinn back was huge.  I said beginning of year that until he returns they will not be as good.  Now to get Thompson going.  And Skinner and Tuch and Power

On 12/24/2023 at 6:40 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Now to get Thompson going.  

Now I know why Buffalo looked so down the other night against the Bruins. Tage Thompson has been placed on the Non Roster list for personal reasons and that means he will probably be out for a while. I knew the Bruins didn't have all that great a game.

7 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Now I know why Buffalo looked so down the other night against the Bruins. Tage Thompson has been placed on the Non Roster list for personal reasons and that means he will probably be out for a while. I knew the Bruins didn't have all that great a game.

What can that be?  Covid?  

Bruins kick the Devils ass 5 to 2.  Buffalo beat the Blue Jackets 3 2.    Sharks may be the worst team in the NHL but the Ducks are bucking for that slot at  4 and 16 in their last 20 pretty awful. I hate to say it but the Sabers need to find a way to be better and start winning on a consistent level. Right now they are out of the playoffs it doesn't look like they will make it this year.

13 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Probably his wife. she was diagnosed with a rare form of Bone cancer. Had it removed 2 years ago,  it may have came back.

Jeesh! they take him off and then put him right back on????  Seems strange to do that, why not just say he was a healthy scratch in stead of making a deal out of being on the non roster list?? I dont get it.

13 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

Jeesh! they take him off and then put him right back on????  Seems strange to do that, why not just say he was a healthy scratch in stead of making a deal out of being on the non roster list?? I dont get it.

Yes I see he played. Without him we are dead.  What a difference Quinn makes.  Like I said from the beginning

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I would say a big winning streak.  Right now I care more about the Bills

After watching them get their asses handed to them last night I'm inclined to believe that it's gonna take more than a miracle or a big winning streak to get them back on track.  The D and Levi was swiss cheese all night.

Edited by hummingbird69

14 hours ago, hummingbird69 said:

After watching them get their asses handed to them last night I'm inclined to believe that it's gonna take more than a miracle or a big winning streak to get them back on track.  The D and Levi was swiss cheese all night.

I have posted that Luukenen should be the starter.  They come back at me that Levi needs to be developed.  Maybe.  But at what price.  Adams needs to go.  I fear they might fire Granato instead.  That would be a mistake.  That bastard Adams is the reason I have a brand new Eichel jersey in plastic, never worn in my closet.  We tanked for a year to get Eichel and he lets him get away.  Sure I like Tuch.  He is not only good but grew up a Sabres fan so he is where he wants to be.