2023-24 NBA thread...

paul carruthers

If I hadn't been watching all the sports talk shows today, I would have completely missed that tonight the NBA regular season tips off, with a TNT doubleheader. Even if I miss the games, I will be flipping channels for the great TNT pregame and halftime shows.

Chuck, Ernie, Kenny and Shaq always entertain....

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

If I hadn't been watching all the sports talk shows today, I would have completely missed that tonight the NBA regular season tips off, with a TNT doubleheader. Even if I miss the games, I will be flipping channels for the great TNT pregame and halftime shows.

Golden State, who I like because they have Curry, lost a tough one to Phoenix.  Likely because its day one and Kevin Durant was not injured. Lets see how long that lasts?  No long says the smart money.  So do you think any teams have improved enough to take the  next step?  Have the Knicks gotten any help?  They are on the rise but likely need one more star caliber player to beat Boston or Philly in a series.  Denver is the current champion.  Was not sure Id live to see that. I say no way they repeat. 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I saw a blurb on my YouTube page that the Clippers are winless with James Harden & thought to myself, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

What will be the countdown for Harden becoming a malcontent in LA and demanding a trade.... 😂

He is useless.  Fucking ball hog, pump artist.  Why did the stupid Clippers want him?  They are a good team.  On paper.  Cleveland has been surprisingly good in the East.   I cant imagine Denver repeating.  Golden State to me is the  team if they can keep the big stars healthy at the end.  But they have lost both games to who?  Cleveland.  Boston still the likely favorite but the 76ers are also a huge threat.  The Knicks?  I really thought they would add that extra piece.  How good can the Lakers be?  Orlando is playing very well.  As are the T Wolves who might be the sleeper in all of this?

Well, Noseratu Bat Boy has finally killed my interest in the NBA. This idiotic wanna-be-like-soccer cash-grab in-season tournament is a joke. That's it. I'm done with the sport. Fuck off and die Adam Silver.

Edited by Strider

• 4 weeks later...

The Detroit Pistons have tied their franchise record of 21 consecutive losses.  Next up is the league record of 28 losses by the 76ers.  That was done over two seasons though.  Last night they lost the rebound battle 53 to 35.  Tough to win a game with stats like that.  :wacko:

On 10/24/2023 at 2:46 PM, paul carruthers said:

They are more entertaining than the games themselves.

On 12/14/2023 at 11:01 AM, Bong-Man said:

The Detroit Pistons have tied their franchise record of 21 consecutive losses.  Next up is the league record of 28 losses by the 76ers.  That was done over two seasons though.  Last night they lost the rebound battle 53 to 35.  Tough to win a game with stats like that.  :wacko:

Tough times for the once proud Pistons. It seems that Cleveland might be as good as Philly for the second best team in th eEast behind Boston?  Id put the Knicks and Orlando next.  Denver can be beaten in the West.  Dallas is tough if they have Doncic. Golden st needs all hands.  The Clippers are the mystery right now.  Playing good of late. OKC and Houston have rebuilt fast.

• 2 weeks later...

The Pistons have lost 28 in a row but the last game they fought the Celtics to OT in Boston.  Im taking a shot on them tonight to end the misery.  Taking Pistons on money line over Toronto who lost in Boston last night by two.  Detroit did not play last night and should come out smoking.  I hope

On 12/30/2023 at 8:22 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The Pistons have lost 28 in a row but the last game they fought the Celtics to OT in Boston.  Im taking a shot on them tonight to end the misery.  Taking Pistons on money line over Toronto who lost in Boston last night by two.  Detroit did not play last night and should come out smoking.  I hope

You must have won some decent change on that bet.  Glad it's over.  The after-game press conferences were getting hard to take.   

22 minutes ago, Bong-Man said:

You must have won some decent change on that bet.  Glad it's over.  The after-game press conferences were getting hard to take.   

I won but I’m not crazy.  I went light.  There’s a guy on Pistons that went to my high school

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

I wonder if the Lakers regret hanging that "in season tournament" banner.... :lol:

What? Sorry...I haven't been paying attention to the season. Did they actually win something?