2024 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

Posted (edited)

Tonight is Shohei Ohtani Bobblehead night at Dodger Stadium. It's going to be a madhouse, as people won't want to be late and miss out on getting a bobblehead so they can flip them for exorbitant amounts on ebay. The Dodgers typically give out 40,000 and the stadium seats 56,000. So, a lot of people are going to miss out. 

That led me to doing a search for the typical amount of bobblehead giveaways and I found this chart on the r/baseball reddit thread by whitethug. Not surprisingly, the Dodgers are among the more generous teams and the Tampa Bay rays are the cheapest and stingiest. What was surprising was finding out how stingy the Boston Red Sox, NY Mets and Yankees are.

Average number of bobbleheads given away by franchise 

I went through all the team calendars to see, on average, how many Bobbleheads a team hands out on promotional nights. These are based on the 2024 schedule.

These are the numbers given out for an average bobblehead promotion. Some teams offer more for opening day, but these are the numbers for regular season promotional nights.

The Reds and Athletics did not give numbers and the Rays don't give away free bobbleheads at all. Also the Red Sox should be ashamed of themselves.

Winners: Phillies, Dodgers, Brewers, Cardinals, Angels, Padres.

Losers: Red Sox, Marlins, Mariners, Cubs, Astros, Twins, Rays.

average-number-of-bobbleheads-given-away-by-franchise-v0-fktkomn7bhic1.png.a550ba6844c940f3ae1cd0ce71e23c55.png

Edited by Strider

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2024 at 9:36 AM, paul carruthers said:

My Mets get to stink up London over the weekend. That should be a lot of fun....  :rolleyes:

Oh that game vs the  Phillies today is in London?  Thanks Dodger Blue!!!!  Sweep the bitch Yankees

On 6/6/2024 at 9:36 AM, paul carruthers said:

My Mets get to stink up London over the weekend. That should be a lot of fun....  :rolleyes:

Except they didi not stink it up enough to cost me a bunch of parlays.  I took the Phillies the lone day the Mutts won. Still doing well al in all.  Orioles keep winning but so do the damn Yankees.  My thanks to Dodger Blue for beating them 2 of 3 in NY.  Had enough listening to Jeter and Ass Rod and their Yankee love.  I wish I had tuned in to the end of that 11-3 blistering they took.  The number 5 hitter in Dodger blue hit 3 HRs in two days.  Love it.  Gunner Henderson hit his 21st yesterday and I think is 1 back of that bobblehead Judge.  Has his biceps in his brains

Tigers and Braves at 12:20pm today.  A nice matchup featuring outstanding young pitchers Skubal & Lopez.  

RIP Willie Mays.  I'm old enough to have seen and remember.