2024 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

On 7/3/2024 at 10:06 PM, paul carruthers said:

Tough loss tonight, all I can do is hope we win tomorrow and win the series...

Keller is always tough.  Mets will beat them tomorrow.  Trades loom.  I want the Orioles to land Blackburn from Oakland.  There was even mention of the sensational kid from Detroit.  Skuval?  But doubt Tigers let hm get away.  With Bradish and Means gone for season and Cuolombe out til September, Elias must make a move.  Grayson Rodriguez snubbed from all star game.  Cubs in tomorrow with Bellinger who has been mentioned in trade talk.  

On 7/8/2024 at 8:13 PM, paul carruthers said:

I think the Mets are just treading water. Every time I think they can get at or above .500, something goes wrong....

They are now in 2nd WC spot.  They are expected to stay put at trade deadline.  My Orioles are at top of buyers list.  Expect either Norby or Stowers or Mayo to maybe go?  Or all if they could land Skubal from Tigers?  I can dream.  If not id love to get Blackburn r from Oakland

The Mets bullpen has been dreadful this month & they damn sure tried to give away last night's game. We better try to rectify that at the trade deadline. Anyway, here's hoping we can keep the momentum rolling until the All Star break...

Dodgers are 3-7 in their last 10 and were swept by their main competitor in the NL, Philadelphia. Yeah, things could be different in October but I'm not betting money on it.

On 7/20/2024 at 6:54 PM, paul carruthers said:

The Mets seemingly never make it easy on my ulcers, but a win is a win. Hopefully, the offense will wake up & I can relax a bit while watching these games...  :unsure:

You must get MLB network to get the Mets in Jacksonville? Orioles go to Miami tonight and Yankees host Mets.   Hoping your boys can help us

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You must get MLB network to get the Mets in Jacksonville? Orioles go to Miami tonight and Yankees host Mets.   Hoping your boys can help us

I get MLB Network & the MLB subscription package. Of course, I still have to come up with creative ways to watch them whenever they play the Florida teams, due to weird blackout restrictions...

31 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, we did our part Rick, beating the Yanks. But, I heard your O's lost tonight. I know from experience how pesky those Fish can be...

And we thank you! We'll take all the help out there.

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, we did our part Rick, beating the Yanks. But, I heard your O's lost tonight. I know from experience how pesky those Fish can be...

Yes,, thanks for the help beating the stinking Yankees.  Will the Mets make moves at deadline?  They are alive for the WC for sure.  We need to sell the damn farm.  I want Skubal but would be happy with Marcus Miller, AND a starter like Anderson (Angels) or Blackburn (Oakland)>  Oakland is loaded with guys that thy can trade. 

10 hours ago, ebk said:

And we thank you! We'll take all the help out there.

We will be fine Esther.  Hope you getting to see some games.  They say nobody has a better trade value and more prospects that the Os.  I wonder if Elias will consider trading Holiday for Skubal?  They  would need commitment from Skubal for sure.  Long term contract. Debbie says hi by the way.  Ive been on the Orioles sites telling them my wish list.  More like a dream list.  Left handed starter and bullpen help.  Columbe injury sucks.  Marcus Miller fro A's would be a big catch.  Skubal will be expensive and likely only Holiday or Mayo and Norby and Stowers to get him. 

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

We will be fine Esther.  Hope you getting to see some games.  They say nobody has a better trade value and more prospects that the Os.  I wonder if Elias will consider trading Holiday for Skubal?  They  would need commitment from Skubal for sure.  Long term contract. Debbie says hi by the way.  Ive been on the Orioles sites telling them my wish list.  More like a dream list.  Left handed starter and bullpen help.  Columbe injury sucks.  Marcus Miller fro A's would be a big catch.  Skubal will be expensive and likely only Holiday or Mayo and Norby and Stowers to get him. 

I'm sure we will be fine.  Mason Miller would be a great get, but we'll see what happens.  We still have the Sunday game package, so yes, we're going to games.  

Hi Debbie!!!

On 7/24/2024 at 12:26 PM, ebk said:

I'm sure we will be fine.  Mason Miller would be a great get, but we'll see what happens.  We still have the Sunday game package, so yes, we're going to games.  

Hi Debbie!!!

I cant believe Austin Hayes is gone.  Phillies robbed us.  they are giving the Orioles an A for the Tampa trade on CBS?  Who knows.  Effin is not on my wish list.  Blackburn of Athletics is.  He pitchs today off the IL.  Grayson was cruising last night. Hyde usually pulls him in 6th.  Let him go one batter too long.  Still, we are not hitting.  Except Westburg.   Need Kremer to shine today.  Go Os.  At least Boston rallied and the Yankees have their own problems.  Later

On 7/26/2024 at 10:00 PM, paul carruthers said:

You can't stop the Mighty Mets, you can only hope to contain them...  💪

Your Mets got the pitcher I begged the Orioles to go for!  Paul Blackburn!  He’s great.  

On 7/26/2024 at 10:00 PM, paul carruthers said:

You can't stop the Mighty Mets, you can only hope to contain them...  💪

Reading your posts is funny.  You go from doom and gloom to trash talking over night.  Mighty Mets?  I’m not so sure but they are alive. The Padres are one of the hottest teams.  And after a fire sale it’s hard to believe Tampa are still alive for a wild card. I’m shocked to see that.  I’m hoping Texas goes home.  Yesterday’s moves by our GM are real questionable moves.  He gave up Norby and Stowers for a pitcher that is 2-9!!!  Fuck me

WTF was Elias thinking?  Trades Norby and Stowers for a sack of shit pitcher from the Marlins named Rogers.  Fucking rocked last night in Cleveland.  Dumbest trade Ive seen.  Eflin was not so bad.  At least he had the good sense not to let Holiday go.  The kid hit his first major league HR two nights ago, a grand slam.