TRex

Reggie29

Were they any good or was it full of screaming girlies. Watched a documentary on the Sweet the other night (after buying a compilation for £4), apparantly they took it very seriously and were well rehearsed.

Lets have a glam rock revival right here, right now........next up Steve harley and Cockney rebel.

Were they any good or was it full of screaming girlies. Watched a documentary on the Sweet the other night (after buying a compilation for £4), apparantly they took it very seriously and were well rehearsed.

Lets have a glam rock revival right here, right now........next up Steve harley and Cockney rebel.

Not many screaming teenyboppers there and yes they were ok just not much quantity.

I saw the Sweet not long after and they were surprisingly good and loud.

A high school buddy just sent me a Cockney Rebel video. I haven't even had time to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5cCWbzz15c...feature=related

Saw them in '73, I think. They played in club up on route 23 called "A Joint in the woods". From what I can remember it was pretty crazy. He smashed his guitar and peices went into the audience. It was VERY glammed up. Platform shoes etc. I dressed like a grunge guy, army pants, work boots and a flanel shirt. It was a uniform of sorts, I guess.

I think Bolan was pretty well gone throughout the show. Kind of a dissappointment. Maybe it was near the end.

Within the last three years I got the CD of Electric Warrior. What a great CD! Had no idea the Tony Visconti connection and what a NY soul influence he had on those Brit lads.

You're thinking of "The Joint in the Woods" it was out Route 46 west in Parsippany, NJ. I saw Badfinger there in 1974.

23 - 46, 73 - 74, I'll leave the numbers up to accountants Tully.

Ain't it funny that Parsippany used to be "the WOODS". I lived in Union County so all Northern Jersey was foreign country to me.

Thanks for focusing my foggy memories. It's funny how the past becomes like a shimmering mirage.

Do you know where exactly it was in Parsippany? I go out there on 46 often. I think I mixed it up with Mother's on 23. (or is that just another wisp?)

23 - 46, 73 - 74, I'll leave the numbers up to accountants Tully.

Ain't it funny that Parsippany used to be "the WOODS". I lived in Union County so all Northern Jersey was foreign country to me.

Thanks for focusing my foggy memories. It's funny how the past becomes like a shimmering mirage.

Do you know where exactly it was in Parsippany? I go out there on 46 often. I think I mixed it up with Mother's on 23. (or is that just another wisp?)

I grew up in Wayne, NJ. Mothers was in Wayne. I lived in Mothers for a couple of years. I have no clue where in Parsippany the joint was located. It's probably been replaced with a corporate park.

Archived