ART LOVERS

Diana-loura

Dali is my favorite.

But Michelangelo's Pieta is my favorite work of art, ever.

dali.jpg

dali.jpg

1940_11.jpg

I once saw The Pieta in an exhibit in Toronto, and I almost cried. Cheesy but true. It was even a replica, but it didn't matter (they did a cast of it if memory serves). Mary is HUGE right, disproportionately so if you look at it logically, but that's just it, the mastery of the illusion created bypasses all of that and that moment captured just hits you. Funny thing is, if she were the 'correct' size it wouldn't look right, you 'd be aware of the fact that she could hold Jesus up like that. Part of the genius of that sculpture is making it look like it has weight in substance and that gives weight to its meaning. You'd swear they'd moved from the corner of your eye. Brilliant. Experience.

There's controversy brewing over a new Dali book (great pics you picked, by the way). Pacino's starring as Dali based on it - Dali and I. Anyway, all of Spain is up in arms over the author's claims that many of Dali's works are forgeries that he signed off on to support his lavish lifestyle. The author, however, spent time in jail for forging art, so...

I had watercoloring paint class this session, because I need one painting class for transfer credit.

Holy fuckinshitballsofirecrabs, painting is hard.

Drawing is easy, painting is hard.

Hard is painting.

Painting hard is.

This was my final:

rtsts003.jpg

I chose a flat wash cause I wasn't even going to begin mixing colors because.....painting is hard.

Btw, painting is hard.

For what it's worth, really really nice shading...

• 1 month later...
Thank you! :)

The site needs a bit of fine tuning and I'm hoping to scan and post the rest of the pics soon as some of the ones posted by the other guy are not quite up to my standards. I like to play with the contrast and get it as close to the original as possible.

Case in point:

This is a bad scan and the pic is really beautiful with backlight on the infrared that gives it that beautiful 'glow'. It has to be redone.

Angel_of_Bodie-533x536.jpg

This is one of my very first pics. San Francisco Bay Bridge (1972). (Not the Golden Gate)

Golden_Gate-570x420.jpg

Wow..sorry for taking so long to reply to your comment :( I know what you mean about having to fix up images, though. I have that issue even when I scan or take photographs of my artwork. It's a bit tricky to get it to look true-to-life.

And beautiful bridge picture! You could have fooled me.. I probably would have guessed it was the Golden Gate Bridge :rolleyes::lol:

Diana awesome paintings, I'm really amazed.And tell your friend I really like his work, reminds me of Dali..Awesome.. :wub:

Peep your portraits are breathtaking, I don't know what to say..Bravo :notworthy:

Sugarplum I really love your art, I don't know why but you portrait of Robert almost made me cry...

All of you are so talented, send us more!! ;)

Thank you so much...I hope that's a good thing, haha. I try to infuse emotion into my pieces:)

I had watercoloring paint class this session, because I need one painting class for transfer credit.

Holy fuckinshitballsofirecrabs, painting is hard.

Drawing is easy, painting is hard.

Hard is painting.

Painting hard is.

This was my final:

rtsts003.jpg

I chose a flat wash cause I wasn't even going to begin mixing colors because.....painting is hard.

Btw, painting is hard.

Hahaha, I completely agree :lol: When I first tried to get into painting, I was like "this is impossible, why am I even trying?" But it is possible to get the hang of it in time, believe it or not. Or at least I like to think so...I don't know if I'm quite there yet :lol: But very nice job on this.. I rarely use watercolor. Maybe I should try to get into using it more often...

Great and awesome artwork everyone! :thumbsup:

I have encouraged myself ans so I´m posting some of my paintings which I have made with tempera colours.

Lord of the Rings - the Fellowship of the Ring

Fellowshipofthering.jpg

Lord of the Rings - The fight of Gandalf and Balrog

LordoftheRings.jpg

Star Wars- Episode I. The Phantom Menace

StarWarsepisodeI.jpg

And this I have made for my daughter- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

HarryPotterandtheprisonerofAzkaban.jpg

BowingPageybannermen.jpg

^^Those are great! I like the wide size of the canvas in the first one.. it makes it look very epic. And the second one has great color. And I also love the gold on the third one, and the castle in the Harry Potter one! Very nice:)

The style is called French Academic Classical.

Bouguereau is my favorite, I have one hanging in my apartment.

I've collected over a hundred images, if anybody wants more PM me.

I love JW Waterhouse too!

and let's not forget Jules Joseph Lefebvre

he's another awesome French Academic painter

Lefebvre_Jules_JosephLa_Fiancee.jpg

(i wish i could post more of them for you, but all the greatest ones are nudes, sorry)

Well now I know what the style is called;) To be honest, I'm really not aware of too many technical terms when it comes to style. But I have always loved paintings like that.. with the dreamy, soft sort of realism..I've always been a fan of Romanticism...I'm really bad when it comes to terms, though :blush:

and Mark Ryden

god i love that guy!

mr12.jpg

mr18.jpg

mark7.jpg

mark8.jpg

(again, none of the best ones are shown)

Haha, whoa :lol: I almost thought those were clay figures at first. Lots of symbolism in those paintings, I'm guessing...especially the first one :mellow:

^^Wow, that is amazing. I respect sculptors like that a lot. I really don't even know where I would start with sculpting. I don't exactly have too many huge blocks of marble sitting around the house to practice on.. haha!

i love the romanticism too sugarplum.

here's Dante Gabriel Rossetti-

LaGhirlandatarossetti.jpg

rossettiTheBeloved.jpg

I love the contrast of the red hair and the green fabric in the first one..that's beautiful. And I like the look he gives to the eyes.. the dreamy, far-off look.

Archived