tinariwen tour with justin adams

Don't quite know if this is the right place for his snippet but here 'tis anyway...

Tinariwen are touring Europe from the end of April to the end of August[with one show in Syria too] . The 'Zep relevance' detail is that the support, for my local show at least and maybe the whole tour, is Justin Adams and Juldeh Camara. Apologies if this in the 'wrong' place. 'Sorry' also to anyone tutting and rolling their eyes because this is such old news. I just found out and couldn't see any mention of it around this site.The dates are for this year. Oh and besides the zep connection, they're a very good live band indeed. Thank you.

hey,

thanks for sharing this info, Tinriwen IS a kool band for anyone who likes a bit of mid 90s experimental page & plant (moroccan style) or strange sensation stuff definetely!

saw them live some time ago and was quite pleased by their sahara travelling rock/reaggae styles. i think some (all?) of their albums have been produced by Justin Adams and what you may hear at http://www.myspace.com/justinadamsproducer and

http://www.myspace.com/juldehcamarauk it is gonna be a quite an amazing support act.

btw, the tour dates can be seen on the myspace sites, too.

great to see people on the board being open minded and not only dealing with 70s rock!

I was at the Justin Adams, Juldeh Camara gig in Liverpool last week...well worth going to hear these guys play their mesmerising blend of N.African /bluesy/rhythmic vibe...I thought the percussionist accompanying them, Salah Dawson Miller, was exceptional!

• 3 years later...

I wish they would come to the states. I would go the distance to see them.

I don't know if you are just referring to this bill, or Tinariwen in general, but Tinariwen has been to the States several times...I just saw them recently at the Troubadour Club, and they played Coachella last year.

Archived