Zeppelin's NEW Robert...

nirvana

Keep in mind, Jimmy can call his next band whatever he wants and chances are it won't be Led Zeppelin.

However, just as Robert has, Jimmy will play lots of Zeppelin songs using his new singer in Robert's place. All I'm trying to suggest is a "suitable" person to redo these songs that Jimmy, whatever the band's name, will inevitably have to play.

Just as Robert did....remember Justin Adams plays Zep, so did Doug Boyle...Jimmy will pick a singer to do Plant's part - hopefully better than Chris Robinson did.

since Tiny Tim is unavailable, how about Lemmy?

• 3 months later...
As I always say, he could have "had his way" on this anytime since 1980 but has never chosen to. The key phrase in your post is he was his choice BEFORE HE KNEW OF Robert. He doesn't seem to have lived up to Robert ever since.

Easy there mate. What does he have to live up to? Or do you mean commercial success? If so I have to agree, but only in that aspect.

Yes, RP in the best fit for LZ singer, that much is obvious and pointless to argue.

However...

Terry and Percy had nothing but tremendous respect for each other and let it be known on multiple occasions. They meet on and off stage (BTW Jimmy visited the Joint as well) and are good friends.

Terry's career was certainly not the most successful one, but don't be thinking for a moment that he was nicknamed Superlungs for no reason. If you have any doubts (I don't know if you even heard him) just give this a listen.

And for the love of God, have some respect... because Percy and Pagey do. If that matters anything to you.

I do like Robert Smith and even pre-Elevator Steve Bays, but come on now... My first thought upon reading that suggestion was "WTF?!"

After much deliberation, weighing pros and cons and pondering,

my conclusion was "WTF?!!!"

Everyone is more than welcome to disagree.

Led Zeppelin could have a "new" Robert...as in "Smith" ...

How freakin' cool would that be if Jimmy hooked up with Robert Smith from the Cure!

Awesome voice, incredible presence, a bit of a Goth, magical - he's got it all!

And Robert Plant adores him!

Let's hear it for Led Zeppelin's new Robert!!

I DONT WANNA:angry: color]

Led Zeppelin could have a "new" Robert...as in "Smith" ...

How freakin' cool would that be if Jimmy hooked up with Robert Smith from the Cure!

Awesome voice, incredible presence, a bit of a Goth, magical - he's got it all!

And Robert Plant adores him!

Let's hear it for Led Zeppelin's new Robert!!

I DONT WANNA :angry::angry:

Archived