Internet Safety

~Bonnie~

What do you mean by that? I am a peacefull man! :huh:

I'm just having fun, please don't take offense. I know Dzldoc a little bit, and so when i read what you wrote i laughed and figured he would too. But i really don't mean what it sounds like, just in jest is all :) Your wording was "ominous" lol.

I got the Norton and will renew it in a few months. I have had no problems since i got it. The free ones like AVG they can have. I had problems with that one. I had to do a system restore.

I had symantics, it's a resource hawg! :slapface: that's why your pc is slow!

I use avast! no problems at all :D

Norton is worse than some viruses....

The only Norton I know is Ed, and I've had a computer since 2003 and never had ONE single virus problem and always had McAfee. I get the 3 user one, the VirusScan Plus for about $20.00 and have 2 comps. so that comes to $10 per. Not bad for the protection it gives me. I can see who pings my computer and all kinds of stuff. There are even maps showing where the pings are coming from.

Norton is worse than some viruses....

All you NEED is

!. Common sense

2. Tea Timer

3. Spybot S&D

4. Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool

Or a Mac. Not to start a Mac vs. PC thread but I think there's only been one reported instance of a virus on a Mac over the years. Most viruses are created to infiltrate e-mail programs such as Outlook so even using a non-Mircosoft related e-mail program is a step in the right direction. At least from what I understand.

Or a Mac. Not to start a Mac vs. PC thread but I think there's only been one reported instance of a virus on a Mac over the years. Most viruses are created to infiltrate e-mail programs such as Outlook so even using a non-Mircosoft related e-mail program is a step in the right direction. At least from what I understand.

One of the good things about a Mac for sure.

Archived