Sunshine Woman

I love listening to Sunshine Woman from the 'lost' 1969 BBC session. I have a copy of a private recording from the original MW radio broadcast and I believe that the original master tape was wiped? Does anyone know whether a better quality version still exists, or is the privately-recorded MW source the only version that still exists?

Cheers

So Sunshine Woman is WIPED from the BBC master tapes right?! If so they F'd up! Some people say it was wiped, others say Page just didn't add it since it sounded to much like TRB and TGIL..

..would have been a kick ass start to disc 1 of BBC though..before You Shook Me..!

So Sunshine Woman is WIPED from the BBC master tapes right?! If so they F'd up! Some people say it was wiped, others say Page just didn't add it since it sounded to much like TRB and TGIL..

..would have been a kick ass start to disc 1 of BBC though..before You Shook Me..!

Yes, wiped from the BBC archives. They tried to find the session in the late '80s but it was nowhere to be found. If Jimmy had access to the original tape then he surely would have included "You Shook Me" or "I Can't Quit You" on the BBC Sessions compilation.

• 2 weeks later...

the am broadcast recording someone made is the only version left. the best version

to get would be the lowest possible gen of that recording. the best version isn't on ottawa

sunshine, outta sunshine sounds like it was sourced from 84 kps mp3 files. it has a lot of

horrible hi end noise artifacts in it, which may be the result of someone using some noise reduction software.

I don't know what the hell they were doing at the BBC but there was definitely a spark of creativity going on with this, Sugar Mama, Riverside Blues, and The Girl I Love. It was like they were trying to cut a new album or something.

I don't know what the hell they were doing at the BBC but there was definitely a spark of creativity going on with this, Sugar Mama, Riverside Blues, and The Girl I Love. It was like they were trying to cut a new album or something.

My guess is the BBC didn't have the resources to save everything that was done for them, and they didn't know how big Zeppelin was going to be.

My guess is the BBC didn't have the resources to save everything that was done for them, and they didn't know how big Zeppelin was going to be.

I was just wondering what motivated Zep to eschew their existing catalog and start making new material up in BBC's studios. Maybe since Zep II was recorded on the road they just couldn't step out of that mode.

I had no clue Sugar Mama was a BBC session recording. I doubt it is; It's an out-take from Zeppelin II recording in mid-69.

• 1 month later...

Archived