Trying to find info on a 2lp live album I have

shadow51

Hello I'm new to this forum, as I just signed up.

I was just trying to find out some information about an album I have. I haven't been able to find any information on it, and it hit me that maybe someone here would know something about it. I'm posting under the live section only because this is a live album, as I'm doing this I'm thinking I should post it on the main section, oh well.

The album was from my uncles collection who passed away back in 1978. I've had it in my collection for the last 8 years, and I received it directly from my grandmother who had the album in a closet since the death of my uncle. I'm the one who actually took it out of the closet while helping her clean up.

The album: It's a double LP, and is called "Going to California" 2 record set live September, 1971 in Stereo. One record is red, and the other is green.

The track listing:

Side A: Immigrant song, heartbreaker, since I've been loving you, black dog.

Side B: dazed and confused,

Side C: stairway to heaven, That's the Way, Goin' to California

Side D: Whole Lotta Love - medley: mary lou, she left me, blues (dedicated to sheryl s.), I want you Bonny (airport, but you shook me

I know stairway to Heaven, and goin' to california were officially released 2 months later, but this is a live recording.

Anyway I'm hoping someone will have some information on this, and give me a little insight about this album.

Thanks.

Hey thanks for that link. I'm guessing this album is a bootleg, but not too sure.

It's definitely a bootleg, the only *3* official live albums are How the West Was Won from 1972 (2003 release) and The Song Remains the Same from 1973 (released 1976).

There is a book called "The Concert File" which has information on almost every show Zep played.

Edit: forgot about the BBC Sessions Live album.

It's definitely a bootleg, the only 2 official live albums are How the West Was Won from 1972 (2003 release) and The Song Remains the Same from 1973 (released 1976).

There is a book called "The Concert File" which has information on almost every show Zep played.

I figured it was a bootleg, considering I couldn't find any information on it. I'm definentely going to check out that book. Thanks for the info.

I figured it was a bootleg, considering I couldn't find any information on it. I'm definentely going to check out that book. Thanks for the info.

it's also worth some cash$$....one of the rarer Zep boots out there.

I've heard of one going for close to $500

the master tapes for this show were thrown into the Ocean. and those LP's are the only source for any bootlegs out there....if you own a tape or disc of this show it came from a LP just like the one you have.

nice find.

it's also worth some cash$$....one of the rarer Zep boots out there.

I've heard of one going for close to $500

the master tapes for this show were thrown into the Ocean. and those LP's are the only source for any bootlegs out there....if you own a tape or disc of this show it came from a LP just like the one you have.

nice find.

I've got to be honest, I was wondering if it was worth anything. But that being said, I would never sell it, because it was something my uncle had, and he is no longer with us.

And that is something to hear, they actually threw the masters into the ocean? I wonder why?

What label is it on? - as in what's on the centre of the LPs? I do hope it's the 'Trade Mark Of Quality' original version. It's my favourite Zeppelin live recording - they must have been on rocket fuel that night.

What label is it on? - as in what's on the centre of the LPs? I do hope it's the 'Trade Mark Of Quality' original version. It's my favourite Zeppelin live recording - they must have been on rocket fuel that night.

I just checked, and it is 'trade mark of quality'.

I just checked, and it is 'trade mark of quality'.

Excellent! There are various CD reissues of it out there with all kinds of problems - missing sections, missing tracks, nth generation etc., but it sounds like you've got an original on your hands. Is the cover artwork a cartoon of the band members sitting on Dumbo's back by William Stout?

Excellent! There are various CD reissues of it out there with all kinds of problems - missing sections, missing tracks, nth generation etc., but it sounds like you've got an original on your hands. Is the cover artwork a cartoon of the band members sitting on Dumbo's back by William Stout?

No that's not the cover. The cover on the front has 3 smaller pictures of Robert Plant near the top, and the main picture on the front is a shot of the band on stage taken from the side of the stage, mainly you can see Plant, and John Bonham behind his kit. The back is just a picture of the four of them with the list of songs on each side.

No that's not the cover. The cover on the front has 3 smaller pictures of Robert Plant near the top, and the main picture on the front is a shot of the band on stage taken from the side of the stage, mainly you can see Plant, and John Bonham behind his kit. The back is just a picture of the four of them with the list of songs on each side.

is the cover yellow?

This is the one you have.

2ngrghy.jpg

Archived