((Dear Members of Led Zeppelin))

ZoSo88

Lets try to get the largest thread going ever! We have wondered if Page, Plant, Jones, and Bonzo JR. read these posts, and they very well might, so lets write to them. If the thread gets large enough, they will have to take notice. I'll start by writing the first passage to the band, lets join together to show our appreciation and encourage them to continue with their musical legacy!

Dear Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham,

Long have many of us fans been enjoying your music. It varies from person to person but let me speak for myself. Ever since i was born (my father was a huge LZ fan) I was raised with your music. Never before or since have I had the pleasure of listening to anything of that caliber. The music is as timeless as it is legendary. It is impossible to overstate the importance of Led Zeppelin's music. It is the most creative, diverse, brilliant, and thoughtfull works to ever be converted to music format (in my opinion). I personally am so greatful for having the privilige of listening to it and growing up with it. I listen to all genres of music, especially rock, but I never stray for from a Led Zeppelin record. I listen to the music everyday and its an enriching experience. I also play guitar (Thanks Jimmy) and nothing is better or more fun to play then Jimmy's legendary riffs, his whole style taught me to teach myself and become a better player. With news of your one night only reunion, let me say this. You do not owe us fans anything, if anything, we owe you. I'm so greatful you are doing this one show, and for all the right reasons. But please understand, many of us are looking towards you guys as the musical mesiah basically, a force so powerful and perhaps the only thing that can ressurect the music industry. There are so many of us who would love the oppertunity to see you perform. I'm only 19 and my father was so lucky to have attended a handfull of your concerts. What i would give to just experience just one moment of that, i think we all would. It goes without saying that all of us would love to see more concerts and future works. We could only hope the musical juices are flowing and you would also enjoy the experience.

And Robert, we all know you have alot of respect for your solo career. I have loved some of the stuff you have done. I also see no shame in going back to anything related to Zeppelin. I respect the fact that you do not live off of past accomplishments, that's what makes you so special. But I say you have earned the right to embrace what you created in the past, and that is Led Zeppelin. You did as much for the band as they did for you, and it would not be Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

But regardless of what you guys chose, I respect any decision you make. And I thank you for all of the great music you have given us.

(And I hope the rest of the members on the board don't joke about this thread. What better way to at least try to get the band to hear us? We have a voice through this forum and I believe someone, somewhere along the line is reading and pasing this along. So lets be heard, write what you would like the band to hear, and just maybe..if we keep this going, they might take notice.)

If I was a reader of any kind, in the band or not, I wouldn't want to look through a huge thread with long blocked paragraphs...

But just in case I would, here goes: :D

I know there's been Good Times Bad Times too the point where you just couldn't help but say Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You. But you know what? You Shook Me so bad I was Dazed and Confused. I know that in the very near future, Your Time is Gonna Come to slide down the Black Mountain Side and end this Communication Breakdown they call rock music these days. I Can't Quit You, Baby, no matter How Many More Times there is a rumor of a reunion or a tour.

Of course you already know that there is a Whole Lotta Love for your return, as we always wait for you to tell us What is And What Should Never be. You can go ahead and sing the Lemon Song at the O2, and we'll still say our Thank You's, but if you don't do a smidgen more touring then you'll forever be known as a Heartbreaker. So kiss your Living Loving Maid goodbye for now, (She's Just a Woman after all). Because now is the time to Ramble On; however, don't worry if you think your search for Moby Dick will last too long. I'm sure at some point you'll be able to to Bring It On Home.

There may be some of us who'll be singing the Immigrant song on our way over to the UK. No doubt many Friends will be having a grand Celebration Day. But the thing is, Since I've Been Loving You guys, I've never heard anything half as good. I've been from Out on the Tiles to Gallows Pole and compared other bands like apples to oranges. But you guys are more like a Tangerine. That's the Way it goes I suppose. I don't want to make too much of a Bron-Y-Aur Stomp about it, but if you can't take your Hat's Off to Harper and continue on after the O2, I might just die.

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I know a Black Dog that can sure Rock and Roll. You can brave this rock Battle of Evermore, and find your own Stairway to Heaven. You can even do the Misty Mountain Hop when you get there if you want. But if you don't have Four Sticks Going to California, you'll all be helpless When the Levee Breaks.

Are you tired of the fact that the Song Remains the Same? Well I am too. The current rock state is gloomier than The Rain Song. Sometimes I bet you wish you were Over the Hills and Far Away from the pressure to be who we know you to be. You probably can't help but do The Crunge every time you get asked about Dancing Days in D'yer Maker. With no port to stop in, there is No Quarter for a ship lost in a storm in The Ocean we call touring.

There's no time to make Custard Pie, because we need you NOW to be The Rover all around the world. I'm not sure about you guys, but before I'm In My Time of Dying, I hope that I will get to see the Houses of the Holy---a concert so packed that one could get Trampled Underfoot. So as you make your way to the darkest parts of Kashmir, try to stay In the Light at Bron-Yr-Aur. But while you are Down by the Seaside, recall that it hasn't been just Ten Years Gone, it's been 27 years gone! It's time to make a Night Flight while you sing The Wanton Song, Boogie with Stu and maybe even a Black Country Woman. Let's just all hope you don't get Sick Again.

Remember, the O2 isn't Achilles Last Stand, this is Ulysses return! Many people say that you owe it to us fans, but really it's all For Your Life, not ours. If you still don't feel the need to revisit Royal Orleans then I suppose it's Nobody's Fault But Mine, and the rest of the world. I'm quite tired of listening to the Candy Store Rock of today's music and it's given me the Hots on for Nowhere. Don't just make your Tea for One, but include us all in a cup!

So in the evening of December the 10th, as people commute to make their South Bound Suarez, don't forget that the people who can't be there will feel like a Fool in the Rain. Everyone at the O2 will be inside eating a Hot Dog and in their own personal Carouselambra. Even though I won't get to see the show, I'll still have All My Love for you guys, and I'm Gonna Crawl and beg my head off just to see you just once.

And on that day I know We're Gonna Groove, whether Poor Tom can make it or not. As I said before, I Can't Quit You Baby, no matter how much I try to copy Walter's Walk. I'm pretty sure I need you just as much as I need to breath the Ozone Baby. So please go on tour, play old songs and make some more. I'll grab Darlene, and even though Bonzo's Montreux will be missed, I'm sure we'll still be Wearing and Tearing.

*phew*

Edited by guitarmy

But basically, I feel like Led Zeppelin's return to the rock stage is like Ulysses' return home to find his house polluted. Rock has been polluted and I see this as a chance for Zeppelin to kick some ass.

GO FOR IT guys, and remind the world about a little thing called rock and roll.

I'm not sure whether they check this or not but i'll shoot anyways.

Quote to my other post:

Man, I don't care whether there will be a gig or not: the only thing i hope is that Plant just enjoys this gig. This might be his last Zep anyways!

Plant is in his best when he is enjoying the show, anyways. (See - Most recent reference; Robert Plant & SS: 2005 Soundstage - DVD; Black Dog)

This applies to every member of the current Zeppelin: Regardless whether there will be the tour or not, i hope you do your very best at stage - and most importantly, enjoy the show!

All the wishes from Finland to Jones, Page, Jason and Plant,

Ramci.

For such a small band of people to contribute so much to the lives of so many and to give so much to rock and roll is a miracle of biblical porportions. Forget Roy Harper. Hats off to Led Zeppelin!

I can still envision in my youth the first time I heard Zeppelin and ran out to buy their first album. Ever since then they have always remained the best in my book. For the sheer breadth of their music and depths of their talent. Most of which has not been touched to this day by any other band.

If they truly read this forum all I would want them to hear from me is a hearty thanks. For such a large library of music that has enriched my life from day one and will do so till the end of my days. But it would be nice to have some more (hint hint) :rolleyes:

There can be alot said about the bands coming out of England during the sixties most notably the big four (The Beatles, The who, Stones and Led). I grew up listening to them all. But my favorite has always been Led Zeppelin.

The different directions they were able to take their music while at the same time busting through boundaries that others dared not has been a testiment to the longevity of their music and the admiration of not only us older fans but a whole new generation (as witnessed on this board).

The four musicians that make up Zepplelin brought their own unique talents and styles to the table and what they created can never be challenged.

I hope and pray that 12/10 is a great success and that there will be more to come (hint, hint, also)

Lets try to get the largest thread going ever! We have wondered if Page, Plant, Jones, and Bonzo JR. read these posts, and they very well might, so lets write to them. If the thread gets large enough, they will have to take notice. I'll start by writing the first passage to the band, lets join together to show our appreciation and encourage them to continue with their musical legacy!

Dear Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and Jason Bonham,

Long have many of us fans been enjoying your music. It varies from person to person but let me speak for myself. Ever since i was born (my father was a huge LZ fan) I was raised with your music. Never before or since have I had the pleasure of listening to anything of that caliber. The music is as timeless as it is legendary. It is impossible to overstate the importance of Led Zeppelin's music. It is the most creative, diverse, brilliant, and thoughtfull works to ever be converted to music format (in my opinion). I personally am so greatful for having the privilige of listening to it and growing up with it. I listen to all genres of music, especially rock, but I never stray for from a Led Zeppelin record. I listen to the music everyday and its an enriching experience. I also play guitar (Thanks Jimmy) and nothing is better or more fun to play then Jimmy's legendary riffs, his whole style taught me to teach myself and become a better player. With news of your one night only reunion, let me say this. You do not owe us fans anything, if anything, we owe you. I'm so greatful you are doing this one show, and for all the right reasons. But please understand, many of us are looking towards you guys as the musical mesiah basically, a force so powerful and perhaps the only thing that can ressurect the music industry. There are so many of us who would love the oppertunity to see you perform. I'm only 19 and my father was so lucky to have attended a handfull of your concerts. What i would give to just experience just one moment of that, i think we all would. It goes without saying that all of us would love to see more concerts and future works. We could only hope the musical juices are flowing and you would also enjoy the experience.

And Robert, we all know you have alot of respect for your solo career. I have loved some of the stuff you have done. I also see no shame in going back to anything related to Zeppelin. I respect the fact that you do not live off of past accomplishments, that's what makes you so special. But I say you have earned the right to embrace what you created in the past, and that is Led Zeppelin. You did as much for the band as they did for you, and it would not be Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

But regardless of what you guys chose, I respect any decision you make. And I thank you for all of the great music you have given us.

(And I hope the rest of the members on the board don't joke about this thread. What better way to at least try to get the band to hear us? We have a voice through this forum and I believe someone, somewhere along the line is reading and pasing this along. So lets be heard, write what you would like the band to hear, and just maybe..if we keep this going, they might take notice.)

((((((((((((((JP,RP,JPJ,JB)))))))))))))))) cant explain it in words.

Your the best! Heart to Heart.

Thank You :)