The Tea Party

statism

New album is out September. There's an Australian tour in October (I've got my tickets). There's another (and better) single out soon called The Black Sea, which I believe should have been their launch single...though apparently mastering had only recently finished.

Very excited about the new album and the tour

The whole album is up for pre-order on iTunes . Costs $16.99 in Australia, and you get two tracks now.

Complete track listing:

1. The L.o.C (presumably this is Line of Control from the demos)
2. The Black Sea
3. Cypher
4. The Maker
5. Black Roses
6. Brazil
7. The 11th Hour
8. Submission
9. The Cass Corridor
10. Water's on Fire
11. The Ocean at the End
12. Into the Unknown

Edited by mckjuana

Haven't I seen an album cover like this before....? :D

When I look at album cover art, I think back to when I was 12 or 13, and this kind of album cover on the new Tea Party album is the kind of thing that my inner 13 year old would sit around stare at all night while listening to the music. I think it's cool that we are even talking album covers!

yes inner child always will tell you that the musicians care about there art of making music, looking at the tea party album cover reminds me of `70`s styles of album art. the tea party album art I wonder if the art work reflex`s any of the songs on the album,

When I look at album cover art, I think back to when I was 12 or 13, and this kind of album cover on the new Tea Party album is the kind of thing that my inner 13 year old would sit around stare at all night while listening to the music. I think it's cool that we are even talking album covers!

I used to get hypnotized by album covers from an early age.

yes inner child always will tell you that the musicians care about there art of making music, looking at the tea party album cover reminds me of `70`s styles of album art. the tea party album art I wonder if the art work reflex`s any of the songs on the album,

Yes, exactly. Very '70s. There are tastes of Led Zeppelin III in that album cover. I'll have to listen to the album. :D

This cover is quite the departure from their previous ones. It's very colourful. Looking forward to seeing it up close on vinyl sleeve, but it's certainly not what I thought they'd go for!

With regards to their album covers, Splendor Solis is one that I can just get lost in, even 20 years after first seeing it. The art style and imagery perfectly captures the dark organic essence of the record, which is quite possibly their best work.

That said, I'm currently enjoying the Black Sea for what it is. There's shades of old styles and some new directions going on.

I had a listen to the previews of the tracks on iTunes, and there's defintely some great sounding things. My only concern at the moment is the lyrics, which seem to occasionally veer into bad high school poetry territory :)

They do appear to have abandoned the eastern instrumentation, which is a shame.

wow great music and lyric the black sea, any news on the release date worldwide. I`m really new to the tea party they are a very excellent rock band I`ve been adding them to my most play list of the day. Led Zeppelin and The Tea Party which is out of this cosmos with me...

• 2 weeks later...

Stream The Tea Party's First New Album In 10 Years

bardown_4758-640x360.jpg

Stream The Tea Party's First New Album In 10 Years

To celebrate The Tea Party's first new album in 10 years, BarDown has teamed up with the Canadian band to allow you to have a listen before its upcoming release. The new album, their 8th studio album, is titled The Ocean at the End and is due for release on September 8th. This is also the first new album that The Tea Party has recorded since their reunion in 2011, after a 5 year hiatus.

So, without further ado, check out The Tea Party's new album, The Ocean at the End, here.

If you would like to preorder this album, The Ocean at the End, you can do so here. For more information on the band and upcoming tour, visit their website.
Edited by The Pagemeister