Plant/Kraus Asheville 6/14/08 Review

ocean

What a fun show! The Civic Center as an arena sucks! Presale tickets my ass....we had the highest seats in the place.......

Went up at 11:00am like a good stalker I am. Met the whole warm up band...Sharon Little. Really nice folks...the guitar player has played with everyone, from Little Feat to Ricky Lee Jones, Jackson Browne, Nicolette Larson on and on. Really enjoyed talking with him.

I brought an original oil painting I did of Plant to have him sign it. Plant doesn't do sound checks like the early days....I've met him many times...this was by far the hardest time...even with my connections inside the venue.....Long story short....End of show exit stage left...Robert signed my painting!!!!!!!!!! I spoke with T-Bone briefly and reminded him of meeting in 1980 and he said he remembered!

The show was the same setlist. Highlights for me were definately Black Country Woman, BOE, and Nuthin'...Townes Van Zandt cover. It was a good show....NOT my favorite Plant show, but better than anything else out there.

Thanks for coming to Asheville!!!

What a fun show! The Civic Center as an arena sucks! Presale tickets my ass....we had the highest seats in the place.......

Went up at 11:00am like a good stalker I am. Met the whole warm up band...Sharon Little. Really nice folks...the guitar player has played with everyone, from Little Feat to Ricky Lee Jones, Jackson Browne, Nicolette Larson on and on. Really enjoyed talking with him.

I brought an original oil painting I did of Plant to have him sign it. Plant doesn't do sound checks like the early days....I've met him many times...this was by far the hardest time...even with my connections inside the venue.....Long story short....End of show exit stage left...Robert signed my painting!!!!!!!!!! I spoke with T-Bone briefly and reminded him of meeting in 1980 and he said he remembered!

The show was the same setlist. Highlights for me were definately Black Country Woman, BOE, and Nuthin'...Townes Van Zandt cover. It was a good show....NOT my favorite Plant show, but better than anything else out there.

Thanks for coming to Asheville!!!

Glad you got your painting signed B)

Now we will demand a pic of it :D

Hey Ocean!

I knew I could count on you to say something here! Oh yes, pics please!

Did Robert say anything about being in Ashe???

Glad you enjoyed! :D

Yes Robert said, I've been all over but I've never been to Asheville before. Then T-Bone told of how he grew up here every summer with his grandparents and loved this area. T-Bone also said he thought Asheville was the most beautiful city in the US!

Yes Robert said, I've been all over but I've never been to Asheville before. Then T-Bone told of how he grew up here every summer with his grandparents and loved this area. T-Bone also said he thought Asheville was the most beautiful city in the US!
:thumbsup:

Wow how cool, so T-Bone must have known the local spots to fill Robert in on.

I figured Robert would dig Asheville. It IS beautiful!

Remember when Dylan used to hang out at Vincents Ear?

Are you referring to the guitar player for Sharon Little or Buddy Miller, the guitarist / pedal steel player in the Plant/Krauss band? Is so, he is considered nothing short of a legend in some circles.

Are you referring to the guitar player for Sharon Little or Buddy Miller, the guitarist / pedal steel player in the Plant/Krauss band? Is so, he is considered nothing short of a legend in some circles.

David the guitar player with Sharon Little......now can you help me post this photo?

Ok Here you go!Ocean1.jpg

Ocean2.jpg

ZoSoDragon and I were there and we saw you go by with that painting when we were in The Flying Frog,we have a funny story about that too!!

We sat in the second row and got some good shots,ZD may post some later if she's not too tired.We had a long weekend.

We also saw you at the show,we waved at you when we were talking to Jerry (the other stalker) :lol: He had no luck trying to get Robert or Alison to sign.I've got to email him and he said that he would send us some of the shots that he took as well.He was center stage 3rd row.

As for the show,it was amazing from where we were.Black Country Woman was amazing and The Battle of Evermore was too.They also did I'm In The Mood and Alison sang something in the middle of the song that I didn't know,but it was very familiar? We got a good pic of the set list and it wasn't on it??? The whole show kicked ass and their chemistry was evident in their facial expressions.

I gave Robert the thumbs up on a couple of occassions and he acknowledged me with a huge smile both times.I don't know if he laughing at my shirt though,it was the the t from the No Quarter tour,the one with Robert and Jimmys' pic on them :D T-Bone Smiled and winked at ZD too.

We'll try to get some pics up later.

Buddy Miller is truly exceptional.He blew me away :notworthy:

Thanks for the reports on the Asheville show. I'm in for the concert in Raleigh next month but right now I'm on a R.E.M. binge and am about to hit the road to Athens for AthFest this weekend and the final show of the U.S. tour in Atlanta on Saturday night.

Buddy Miller is truly exceptional.He blew me away :notworthy:

So happy for you two! don't you love it when you are close enough to make eye contact?? Robert always toys with people. Love it!

Somebody there said they would buy me a teeshirt, I wonder if they were available?

So happy for you two! don't you love it when you are close enough to make eye contact?? Robert always toys with people. Love it!

Somebody there said they would buy me a teeshirt, I wonder if they were available?

They were available,we got one each!

Yeah,Robert was having a blast with a few other people too.

Asheville is an awesome city,we walked all around the place,ate some good food and had some good beer at a couple of pubs...We ran into so many people that went to the show the next day.We had a great time....We want to go back and do the touristy Biltmore thing.We did about 80 miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway and hiked a few strenuous trails one being Mt. Pisgah!!!

My parents were in asheville the other day and were in an old fashioned hardware store. The guy who works there was going on and on about -alison krauss and the plant/krauss/t bone combination. The guy was in his 80s or so and his enthusiasm for the music intrigued my parents and they got to talking to him. Anyway, they really loved the city of asheville.

Thanks for the reports on the Asheville show. I'm in for the concert in Raleigh next month but right now I'm on a R.E.M. binge and am about to hit the road to Athens for AthFest this weekend and the final show of the U.S. tour in Atlanta on Saturday night.

God, you're lucky. I hope you have a great time.

My parents were in asheville the other day and were in an old fashioned hardware store. The guy who works there was going on and on about -alison krauss and the plant/krauss/t bone combination. The guy was in his 80s or so and his enthusiasm for the music intrigued my parents and they got to talking to him. Anyway, they really loved the city of asheville.

The guy from the hardware store was in -saluda, not asheville, found out today. Even cooler, cause i've been to that hardware store and remember the guy.