Steppenwolf

JethroTull

I've never gotten around to purchasing it but I've heard several cuts from John Kay's solo album Heretics and Privateers on XM over the last few years that sounded very good:

h_pcover_325.jpg

Which station plays it? I've been listening to XM and really enjoy it.

One of the best live albums ever? Steppenwolf? Where do I get the shit you have been smoking?

Last time I checked, this is the Steppenwolf thread. If you do not like this album fine, but it is only your opinion just like what I stated is mine. Go back off into dreamland now.

Though not Heavy Metal, that term in Born to be Wild mustve been the catch phrase for later references to that genre. So if nothing else, Steppenwolf gets that accolade from me.

It definitely played a part, though the actual origin of the term (when applied to music) is tied to many different sources.

I finally found a photo of the Dickmobile. It appears on the inside cover of Steppenwolf's For Ladies Only LP. Enjoy.

19703.jpg

Isn't that Ace and Gary's car, from SNL's "Ambigously Gay Duo"?

Steppenwolf rocks!!!

One of the best live albums ever? Steppenwolf? Where do I get the shit you have been smoking?

Hey now...while I agree that sometimes it seems scs is smoking crack...on

this point he isn't that far off base.

"Steppenwolf Live" IS a great live album. Is it in the top 10 all-time? Maybe not...

but it is in the conversation. Mind you, I am talking about the double-live album that came

out in 1970 with the Wolf on the cover...not any later ones.

"The Pusher", "Don't Step on the Grass Sam", "Corina, Corina" are all better than

their studio versions...and my favourite of all is the version of "Monster", which

absolutely smokes the studio version...it is, in a word, a MONSTER of a song!

And for a song written 40 years ago...it is still highly relevant today.

After Goldy McJohn and Jerry Edmonton were no longer in the band things went downhill. Goldy was the burly looking keyboard player who looks like he got kicked out of the Hells Angels for bad manners. Jerry, since deceased, played the drums. The last LP, Slow Flux released around 1974, including those two guys also had Bobby Cochran on guitar. He is the son of _ _ _ _ _ . Anything else you'd like to know?

• 6 years later...

Archived