Random Picutre Thread

Atlas

On 10/28/2023 at 1:37 PM, Strider said:

IMG_3088.thumb.jpg.2d633c6475acc5b34aad1d217c19ec26.jpg

This made me laugh. But it reminded me why back in my day, and for my age, we always considered the band KISS to be a complete attention grabbing rock and roll joke.

Gene Simmons---- the Bozo the clown of rock and roll.

So who were the stars who were on that poster Strider?  I see Florence Henderson, Tim Conway, Donny and Marie, and is that "Witchy Poo" from the Sid and Marty Croft kid's show?

So incredibly ridiculous, that it is kind of funny when you think about it. And BTW, Paul Lynde was a wonderful comedic character actor. We all knew he was gay even before it was okay to admit it in Hollywood.

10 hours ago, kipper said:

This made me laugh. But it reminded me why back in my day, and for my age, we always considered the band KISS to be a complete attention grabbing rock and roll joke.

Gene Simmons---- the Bozo the clown of rock and roll.

So who were the stars who were on that poster Strider?  I see Florence Henderson, Tim Conway, Donny and Marie, and is that "Witchy Poo" from the Sid and Marty Croft kid's show?

So incredibly ridiculous, that it is kind of funny when you think about it. And BTW, Paul Lynde was a wonderful comedic character actor. We all knew he was gay even before it was okay to admit it in Hollywood.

Yep. And Betty White, Billy Barty, and Ruth Buzzi. You have to have a certain amount of grey hairs to remember Ruth Buzzi. Not much in the looks department but I remember her appearing on Bowling For Dollars wearing some tight jeans (maybe Dittos?) and thinking her butt looked pretty nice.

19 hours ago, Strider said:

Yep. And Betty White, Billy Barty, and Ruth Buzzi. You have to have a certain amount of grey hairs to remember Ruth Buzzi. Not much in the looks department but I remember her appearing on Bowling For Dollars wearing some tight jeans (maybe Dittos?) and thinking her butt looked pretty nice.

Never saw her butt, and she for certain had a 'but-her-face' thing going on.  A long time ago my mother said Ruth Buzzi poached a parking space away from my mother at a May Co store parking lot. She said Buzzi came down the wrong way and just swooped in. My mother yelled at her---so that is my best Buzzi story.

Laugh-In was great. That and the Smothers Brothers was our introduction to the counter culture before our parents actually caught on. 

I'm sure Betty White was a wildcat in the sack back in the day.

Billy Barty, haven't heard that name in decades. He got a lot of work back in the day as pretty much the only little person actor for decades.  I think I remember he even had a kids TV show at some point.

BTW, Ditto jeans could make any woman have a nice looking butt. They were like some kind of magic they were.

8 hours ago, john morrison said:

redeem where is that 

That is Pinnacle Peak aka Mount Peak in the first photo and Mt. Rainer in the second photo, so that is Enumclaw, Washington. You can reach Eunumclaw by taking the 410 east from Tacoma or the 169 south from Seattle.

6 hours ago, Strider said:

That is Pinnacle Peak aka Mount Peak in the first photo and Mt. Rainer in the second photo, so that is Enumclaw, Washington. You can reach Eunumclaw by taking the 410 east from Tacoma or the 169 south from Seattle.

You got it. It's a growing town but still smallish. Been a mild November so far. An aerial view looking south east-ish, sorta. (Not my pic). 

ENUMCLAW AERIAL VIEW.jpg