Studio Page vs Live Page

McSeven

I was in a Guitar shop the other day. The Guitar guy said that Page played most of Zeps riffs on a Strat.

So my questions are is The Stratocaster more versatile/better than a Gibson? Also which one do you think is sexier?

Mc7

I was in a Guitar shop the other day. The Guitar guy said that Page played most of Zeps riffs on a Strat.

So my questions are is The Stratocaster more versatile/better than a Gibson? Also which one do you think is sexier?

Mc7

(edited to was my own mouth out with soap).

Mc7

Page played a Telecaster on LZ I and did some early live stuff. He switched to his signature Les Paul in 1969 and pretty much stuck with that, except his specialty guitars like the Dano and double neck Gibson plus his acoustics, for the life of the band. I believe he did use a Strat for some songs on ITTOD. In the Evening was one. But i'm no expert, so if i'm wrong, i'm sure to be corrected.

As far as which one is sexier? That depends on the artist and which Gibson model you're talking about. Jimi Hendrix wouldn't have looked the same with a Les Paul. Jimmy Page definitely looked better with the Paul. But if you ask the artists, i think they would say sound was more important than looks. And besides, i've always thought that a Gibson SG, Explorer or Flying V were hot looking axes. I also like a Rickenbacker Model 330 in Jetglo as well.

Whoever said Page played most of his riffs on a Strat in-studio is grossly misinformed and was obviously trying to show off to you, or using misinformation to sell you a Strat.

Yep. Songs by Page (with Zeppelin) on a Strat can be pretty much counted on one hand. :beer:

For Your Life

In the Evening...

Yeah, not his vehicle of choice by any stretch of the imagination.

Not that I dislike Strats. I love mine. But for Zeppelin, gimme my Les Paul or my Tele (or my Dano where it applies).

Archived