DJ AM and Travis Barker injured in plane crash

Former Blink 182 drummer Travis Barker has been left critically injured after a Learjet crashed while departing from a South Carolina airport.

4 people were killed, while two people - including Barker - were injueed.

Barker was transported to a burn center in Augusta, Georgia, where he was listed in critical condition.

Full Story

What a tragedy. Just heard on the news that Chris Baker/ Travis's partner in his clothing store was killed also. He has a wife and a new baby. Also, his brother was killed in a car accident two weeks ago. The poor family. I cannot imagine what they are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them at this terrible time.

Healing prayers to restore them.

When I was just ten years old I suffered a severe burn injury in a house explosion. An event that greatly changed my life. Initially, it seemed like a tragedy, but now I see it as a blessing. I strongly feel that I am a better person today because of all that I have endured. I am not defined by my injury. I am much more than a burn survivor, and over the years I have learned tools that have helped me grow beyond my scars. I love my life, and I feel strongly that I need to share my life skills with others. My hope is that by teaching the girls what worked for me; their lives can be happier and healthier.

Three years ago I began inspirational/motivational speaking. I have spoken to church groups, business groups, and at assemblies in schools. It's very rewarding helping people of all ages and levels of ability to live life to it's fullest. I feel strongly that there are great blessings in every life challenge; we just need the perseverance and courage to move beyond the challenge. Life is amazing and my goal is to help every girl who attends Angel Faces to discover the blessings waiting for her beyond her injury.

angelfacesretreat.org

«People are called to joy. Nevertheless each day they experience many forms of suffering and pain.» (1) Therefore, the Lord, in his promises of redemption, announces the joy of the heart that comes from liberation from sufferings (cf. Is 30:29; 35:10; Bar 4:29). Indeed, he is the one «who delivers from every evil» (Wis 16:8). Among the different forms of suffering, those which accompany illness are continually present in human history. They are also the object of man's deep desire to be delivered from every evil.

vatican.va

It has now been sixteen years since my near death experience and it is just as clear today as it was then.

alighthouse.com/ofhealing

Jesus is my healer

He bore my sicknesses and my diseases and pain

I expect to receive now.

Father, the word of God, that I have heard and confess

is the power of God unto my salvation

I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord

over my life, spirit, soul and body

I receive the power of God to make me whole,

sound, deliver, saved and healed now

I act on the word of God and receive His power

Sickness, disease and pain

I resist you in the name of Jesus

You are not the will of God

I enforce the word of God on you

I will not tolerate you in my life

Leave my presence,

I will never allow you back

I have been healed and made sound

Jesus made me whole

My days of sickness and disease are over

I am the saved, I am the healed and the power of

sickness has been forever broken over my life

Jesus bore my sickness

Jesus bore my weakness

Jesus bore my pain and I am free

No sickness, no sin, no fear, no evil addiction

shall lord it over me any longer

I have been redeemed from the curse

and I receive the blessing

I proclaim my freedom in Jesus name

The gospel is the power of God to me, unto my salvation

I receive the gospel, I act on the gospel and I am

made whole in the name of the lord Jesus Christ.

Amen!

alighthouse.com

Edited by eternal light

Here' an update from People.com on how they managed to survive:

How did Travis Barker and DJ AM (real name: Adam Goldstein) survive the plane crash

"[Travis and Adam] told me that they slid down the wing on the right side of the plane," Lieut. Josh Shumpert of the South Congaree Police Department tells PEOPLE. Shumpert was one of the second responders at the scene – Congaree is the town outside of Columbia, S.C. – after the airport police arrived.

"They said they were on fire," adds Shumpert, whose patrol car's dashboard camera caught video of the fiery aftermath, "and that they tackled each other and put each other out."

"When I got there they were on the side of the road," says Shumpert. "They were pacing and in shock."

"Travis was very shaken up," he says, noting that Barker was given Gatorade after he asked for some water.

According to the lieutenant, the pair weren't naked, contrary to eyewitness statements.

"Travis was wearing some kind of shorts and no shirt," says Shumpert, adding that Goldstein was wearing shorts or boxers as well. "Travis had one sock on. And a black hat on his head."

that killed four people and left them with second- and third-degree burns?

Quick Thinking

The fast reactions of the former Blink 182 drummer Barker, 32, and Goldstein, 35, gave them a good chance of a full recovery.

"Since both Barker and Goldstein are in overall good health and didn't suffer from any other crash-related complications, a full recovery is expected," said Dr. Fred Mullins of the Joseph M. Still Burn Center at Doctors' Hospital in Augusta at a Sunday morning press conference.

Mullins added that recovery from such burns can take as long as a year.