Good Zep quote on "Living On Mars" TV Pilot

Wolfman

The Sweeney was one of my favorite shows ever. When I visited South Africa we saw it dubbed into Afrikaans, and it was still good. :thumbsup:

Haven't seen the US Life on Mars, but the British one is great--once my brother had explained the premise to me, anyway.

I wonder, did it still translate the homour when dubbed? Many people dont get Cockney humour, even in England, i think this goes for all the different dialects as well.

Regards, Danny

it is true lately i have been hearing a coupple of reference here and there on various tv shows. Since the 02 the references has been off the hook.

You're right, and there was another one tonight on How I Met Your Mother when Marshall said to his roommate "You've always treated this apartment like John Bonham treated his central nervous system." (in a rather stilted manner I thought, like the actor was having trouble saying the line) And they had a small Swan Song poster placed behind him for good measure.

I will not pass judgment on the US version of the great BBC Life on mars, for me the best period drama from the last 30 years...a true classic...Set in Manchester it had John Sims who is such an incredible actor !!!

They yes to play The Immigrant Song for the advert for the first series :)

Archived