Good Zep quote on "Living On Mars" TV Pilot

Wolfman

Just watched the pilot for ABC's new show, "Living On Mars". A modern day cop gets hit by a truck and in his head, wakes up in 1973. Anyway, the two main characters are walking into a record store. The one character says..."I remember this place. My mom used to take me here. It's where I bought my first Hall & Oates....errrr....I mean Led Zeppelin albums." The funny thing is that as soon as he caught himself and paused for a second, I knew he was going to say Zeppelin. I guess I have E.S.Z. :D

ha well the best zeppelin reference i've heard is in the movie step brothers when will farrell says "i'm going john bonham moby dick for real!" and then of course rubs his testicles over john c reily's drum set.

Just watched the pilot for ABC's new show, "Living On Mars". A modern day cop gets hit by a truck and in his head, wakes up in 1973. Anyway, the two main characters are walking into a record store. The one character says..."I remember this place. My mom used to take me here. It's where I bought my first Hall & Oates....errrr....I mean Led Zeppelin albums." The funny thing is that as soon as he caught himself and paused for a second, I knew he was going to say Zeppelin. I guess I have E.S.Z. :D

Didn't know they had done a US version of Life On Mars. :)

When I was around 4 or 5, I liked Cream and the Partridge Family

Full Spectrum appreciation?

I always liked the episode of the Simpsons where the school bus goes over a bridge and as Otto, the bus driver, is being swept away by a fast current his last words are "Zeppelin Rules!".

First episode was this past Thursday - almost a complete copy of the first BBC episode (with a couple of NYC twists). I absolutely loved the BBC series, but I think this one will be ... okay at least. Possibly even good. I can only hope... ;)

First episode was this past Thursday - almost a complete copy of the first BBC episode (with a couple of NYC twists). I absolutely loved the BBC series, but I think this one will be ... okay at least. Possibly even good. I can only hope... ;)

I meant to watch this the other night and forgot (I need Tivo!). I've seen some of the BBC episodes and thought they were great so I was curious how the American version would fare.

I meant to watch this the other night and forgot (I need Tivo!). I've seen some of the BBC episodes and thought they were great so I was curious how the American version would fare.

ABC.com has the full episodes. Check it out.

Another recent Zeppelin album reference on TV: on last week's episode of Californication, David Duchovny's character & another guy were in the Rainbow in L.A. & he said that the first album he ever bought was Led Zeppelin II.

Ah... it was more than that. :D Hank (DD) meets a succesful record producer in jail. The producer bails him out and takes him to the Rainbow Room, where they sit at "Led Zeppelin's Table! Right here is where Jimmy Fucking Page got fellatio under the table from Miss Pamela!" - said by the producer while he was getting fellatio under the table from someone.

Awesome show.

Another shout out was in "Bones" a couple of weeks ago, when they had a character named Lord Henry Bonham. (Less cool factor, though, since they also had a character named Frampton...)

Zep Lives! B)

That'll be "Life On Mars" - I was actually going to start a thread about this as I really wanted to know what you all thought of the US version. The two UK series are some of the best TV I've seen in years, I got the box sets right away.

*I also remember us discussing the fantastic first series on the old .com and noticing that the villain in the first episode was called Eddie Kramer. :) *

That'll be "Life On Mars" - I was actually going to start a thread about this as I really wanted to know what you all thought of the US version. The two UK series are some of the best TV I've seen in years, I got the box sets right away.

*I also remember us discussing the fantastic first series on the old .com and noticing that the villain in the first episode was called Eddie Kramer. :) *

I liked it and will watch it again. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on the UK version

I liked it and will watch it again. I'll have to see if I can get my hands on the UK version

At one point they were showing the series on BBC America but it wasn't for very long. I thought it was a fantastic series. I have to remember to catch the US version this week.

I absolutely loved the UK series and no-one can replace John Simm, but I thought the US version wasn't half bad, and I quite like Jason O'Mara. The soundtrack is a kick! Can't wait to see Ashes to Ashes over here (or when I finally get to go 'home' next year).

missHD, sooner or later they will have a US version of everything, especially if it's good...

this one is quite good, anyways, the music sells this premise, of course...

missHD, sooner or later they will have a US version of everything, especially if it's good...

this one is quite good, anyways, the music sells this premise, of course...

I'de like to see a US version of "The Sweeney", but would the English sense of humor travel well across the pond?

Jack Reagan. " Well we've got "Arsenic Harry" locked up"

George Carter. "Do they call him that because he poisoned people"

Jack Reagan. " Na, its because he sat on a razor blade"

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0027617/quotes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071059/

I'de like to see a US version of "The Sweeney", but would the English sense of humor travel well across the pond?

Jack Reagan. " Well we've got "Arsenic Harry" locked up"

George Carter. "Do they call him that because he poisoned people"

Jack Reagan. " Na, its because he sat on a razor blade"

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0027617/quotes

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071059/

that's funny, right there...

off to you-tube to look for clips...

Archived