Old school KISS concerts on VH1 Classic all night 12/25/08

Wolfman

Watching Live from Houston 77. Others plus Kissology 2 is on all night on VH1 Classic. I know a lot of people hate KISS on here but I dig 70's KISS. Plus, I dare for anyone to say Ace sucks after watching his solo in Shock Me (even though it gets 70's psychedelic at the end). He has great tone and some tasty chops. Enjoy KISS fans. :D

Watching Live from Houston 77. Others plus Kissology 2 is on all night on VH1 Classic. I know a lot of people hate KISS on here but I dig 70's KISS. Plus, I dare for anyone to say Ace sucks after watching his solo in Shock Me (even though it gets 70's psychedelic at the end). He has great tone and some tasty chops. Enjoy KISS fans. :D

I already own all the Kissology dvd boxed sets so I probably won't tune in, but for anyone considering a purchase of their own or just want to check out what it was

all about this should make for an entertaining program. That is a wicked solo in Shock

Me.

Since we're talking about Kiss, I picked up Paul Stanley's first solo dvd "Live to Win"

just the other day. It's a Chicago concert from his recent tour; he flat out ROCKS!

I really wanted to see him live on that tour but couldn't make either of the dates by me. Kissology 1-3 are fantastic DVD sets. I heard more on the way. I have a great show from Japan that I would love to see on DVD. Cool to hear you are a fellow fan Steve. Enjoy the holidays!

Merry Xmas "Wolfman!" I also own all three volumes of the KISSOLOGY and I love all of the KISS concerts that were shown on the VH-1 Classic channel. What did you think of the movie THE TEMPTATIONS that was also shown on VH-1 Classic? That 4 hour movie is a story of triumph but also a story of tragedy. It is so sad what happened to all of the original members except one. Original TEMPTATIONS founding member Otis Williams still lives to this very day and is still keeping THE TEMPTATIONS together. I should write a thread on THE TEMPTATIONS. ROCK ON!

Merry Xmas "Wolfman!" I also own all three volumes of the KISSOLOGY and I love all of the KISS concerts that were shown on the VH-1 Classic channel. What did you think of the movie THE TEMPTATIONS that was also shown on VH-1 Classic? That 4 hour movie is a story of triumph but also a story of tragedy. It is so sad what happened to all of the original members except one. Original TEMPTATIONS founding member Otis Williams still lives to this very day and is still keeping THE TEMPTATIONS together. I should write a thread on THE TEMPTATIONS. ROCK ON!

Sorry, I missed that one. I'll check it out next time it's on. Thanks!

I was gifted with the first volume in the Kissology series a few Christmases ago. I was a fan back in the day but really have no interest in them these days. However, watching that on occasion is always a nice trip down memory lane. I just don't care that much about seeing any of the other volumes in the series since my interest had waned considerably by the time they got around to releasing the solo records. One of my first ever concerts was Kiss at Dorton Arena in Raleigh on the Rock n' Roll Over tour in 1978. I've never had the desire to see any of the many "reunion" tours or to upgrade my Kiss vinyl collection (which ends at Gold & Platinum) to CD (except for maybe Alive!) but that is one concert that will always stand out in my memory. Yeah, the arguments may be dead on about their lack of musicianship but as a teenager I wasn't paying any attention to that, I was in awe over just how kick ass their live show was.

KISS Army member '76 here! LOL

I've got all the Kissologys already. Saw 'em in Philly 12/77. Ace was/is my favorite member of Kiss. Always liked his style.

Kiss Meets The Phantom Of The Park(or whatever they called it on the DVD) is still too painful to get through though. ha ha!

I have seen Kiss three time.

I remember when I saw them in Birmingham in Jan. 78 and Paul Stanely yelled out in his fireman`s hat....BIRMINGHAM!!!!!!!

I went to school with a chick who was a Kiss freak and when we went over to her house to smoke up, all she talked about was saving up for her next KISS LP. That must have been about 1973.

Loved those four-finger lids!

Detroit Rock City is one of my favorite movies.

Archived