Who are Zeps Peers musically

McSeven

In my oppinion.

Roberts vocal peers are Ann Wilson(Heart)/Ian Gillian(Deep Purple)/Rob Halford(Judas Priest)/Bruce Dickinson(Iron Maiden)/Steven Tyler(Aerosmith)/Freddie Mercury(Queen)

Bonzo Drumming Peers are Neil Peret(Rush)Keith Moon(The Who)/Alex VanHalen(VH)

John Paul Jones Bass Peers are Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath)/Geddy Lee(Rush)

Jimmy Pages Guitar Peers are Jimi Hendrix/Eddie Van Halen/Brian May( Queen)

Pete Townsend(The Who)/Nancy Wilson(Heart) on an acoustical level.

Mc7

In my oppinion.

Roberts vocal peers are Ann Wilson(Heart)/Ian Gillian(Deep Purple)/Rob Halford(Judas Priest)/Bruce Dickinson(Iron Maiden)/Steven Tyler(Aerosmith)/Freddie Mercury(Queen)

Bonzo Drumming Peers are Neil Peret(Rush)Keith Moon(The Who)/Alex VanHalen(VH)

John Paul Jones Bass Peers are Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath)/Geddy Lee(Rush)

Jimmy Pages Guitar Peers are Jimi Hendrix/Eddie Van Halen/Brian May( Queen)

Pete Townsend(The Who)/Nancy Wilson(Heart) on an acoustical level.

Mc7

peers? i'm not really sure what that means. But if your talking similarity wise, robert is very similar to steve marriot.

Looking at your list, there is one thing that leaps out at me that is missing. If you want to talk about peers to JPJ how in the hell can you leave out Entwistle? JPJ and Entwistle are the two greatest bass players in rock history. And you could have thrown in this guy named McCartney and perhaps Jack Bruce? To me, no male vocalist can touch Plant. His range is just incredible. I see you list Hendrix but not Clapton? Do you think Van Halen is better than Clapton? Hello!!!

I second all the names Yukon mentioned, as would most classic rock listeners - if we're talking about the greatest performers. But I think McSeven is trying to put it differently than just "The Greatest" - either to make the topic more interesting, or avoid the wrath of Jahfin when he reads this. Maybe some of those other singers add just as much allure to their bands as Plant does forZep? Maybe Eddie Van Halen is even more technically proficient than Page, if you don't mind hearing the same perfectly played weedle waddle waaah noises on every song?

Archived