2009 Grammy Awards

The Pagemeister

Jay-Z, Lil’ Wayne, Paul McCartney, Radiohead, T.I., Justin Timberlake and Kanye West have been added to the Grammys performing lineup on Feb. 8 in L.A. (CBS/Global). Jay-Z, Lil’ Wayne, T.I. and Kanye West will perform their hit Swagga Like Us, McCartney will be backed by Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters on drums, Radiohead will deliver their first U.S. performance since 2000; and Timberlake will be paired with T.I.

They all join previously announced performers and nominees Kenny Chesney, Coldplay, Jennifer Hudson, Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry and Carrie Underwood.

Lil’ Wayne leads this year’s Grammy nominees with eight nods while Jay-Z and Kanye West each have six nominations. Radiohead has five nods, T.I is up for four awards, McCartney has two nods and Justin Timberlake is up for one award.

I haven't watched the entire ceremony from start to finish in a few years but I am looking forward to it this year. Still hoping that Robert and Alison perform live. :D

Me too. Considering the show is in a little over a week, I'm surprised the full line-up of performers hasn't been announced yet.

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss have been added to be the list of performers at the 51st annual Grammy Awards which will be held February 8 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Plant and Krauss told Billboard.com in June that they are hoping to turn their platinum-certified, Grammy Award-winning "Raising Sand" album into a going concern.

"I'm in no hurry to go anywhere," Plant told Billboard.com. "I want to stay very close. This is a font of knowledge, and I'm sticking as close to it as I can."

Krauss concurred: "We're all having a wonderful time, and I hope and I think all three of us are hoping to continue this and that it go on and on." But she added that the duo's association shouldn't bring the curtain down on any of their other projects.

Robert Plant & Alison Krauss have been added to be the list of performers at the 51st annual Grammy Awards which will be held February 8 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Plant and Krauss told Billboard.com in June that they are hoping to turn their platinum-certified, Grammy Award-winning "Raising Sand" album into a going concern.

"I'm in no hurry to go anywhere," Plant told Billboard.com. "I want to stay very close. This is a font of knowledge, and I'm sticking as close to it as I can."

Krauss concurred: "We're all having a wonderful time, and I hope and I think all three of us are hoping to continue this and that it go on and on." But she added that the duo's association shouldn't bring the curtain down on any of their other projects.

Woo hoo, it's official, yay! :cheer::D

What is a font of knowledge?

I think "font" is an olden days way of saying "fountain".

I used to have a book when I was a kid called "The Knight Mine Of Information". This turned out to be a "Mine Of Information" published by a company called Knight, but I spent many years wondering what the hell a "Knight Mine" was supposed to be, and why it should contain information.

I think "font" is an olden days way of saying "fountain".

I used to have a book when I was a kid called "The Knight Mine Of Information". This turned out to be a "Mine Of Information" published by a company called Knight, but I spent many years wondering what the hell a "Knight Mine" was supposed to be, and why it should contain information.

I appreciate that, but he referred to 'This', which was not apparent, but thank you. It's not your fault. It was just another one of his cryptic remarks.

I appreciate that, but he referred to 'This', which was not apparent, but thank you. It's not your fault. It was just another one of his cryptic remarks.

Ah, right, got you. You meant "which font of knowledge is he referring to"? Yes, I took it to be refering to Alison and T-Bone etc. They are a font of knowledge about all that music that Robert's into at the moment.

U2, Kid Rock, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, and Rihanna are the latest performers added to the Grammy Awards taking place on Feb. 8. The show will air on CBS at 8 p.m.

Hi Pagemeister:

Yes...I saw that on Much More Music this a.m.

Should be a great show.....six sleeps to go...

Juliet :wave:

Hi:

I saw an ad today for the Grammy Nominess CD..I have the day off work so I went to the store to find this CD.. Please Read the Letter is included...but I don't like most of the other tunes..

I heard another announcement about the performers..I see the Taylor Swift will do a duet with Miley Cyrus...

With all the young performers I wonder if Robert and Alison will feel like chaperones at this show on Sunday?

Juliet

PS So why isn't Madonna on the show...something wrong with older women now?

Hi:

I saw an ad today for the Grammy Nominess CD..I have the day off work so I went to the store to find this CD.. Please Read the Letter is included...but I don't like most of the other tunes..

I heard another announcement about the performers..I see the Taylor Swift will do a duet with Miley Cyrus...

With all the young performers I wonder if Robert and Alison will feel like chaperones at this show on Sunday?

Juliet

PS So why isn't Madonna on the show...something wrong with older women now?

Not sure why they would feel like chaperones at the show?

I don't know why Madonna isn't on the show - maybe she was asked and opted out or maybe they didn't want her performing. I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with her age.

Archived