Zep's 5th element

McSeven

I have heard in an interview that PAge said that when Zep was performing, they took on a 5th Element. What do you all think he meant by that statement.

I think that it means that they channeled Rock and Roll magic. Some of thier songs sound mystical. No Quater/Stairway/ALS to name a few.

Mc7

I have heard in an interview that PAge said that when Zep was performing, they took on a 5th Element. What do you all think he meant by that statement.

I think that it means that they channeled Rock and Roll magic. Some of thier songs sound mystical. No Quater/Stairway/ALS to name a few.

Mc7

Peter Grant in a Tu Tu playing Roberts Tambourine. :thumbsup:

I think that each was an element of their own right and together it was a whole nother dimension~a fifth element.... or could be this

from wikipedia

many traditional Chinese theory field, matters and its developmental movement stage can be classified into the Wu Xing (Chinese: 五行; pinyin: wǔxíng), or the Five Movements, Five Phases or Five Steps/Stages, traditionally translated as Five Elements.

Note that the Wu Xing are chiefly an ancient mnemonic device for systems with 5 stages; hence the preferred translation of "movements", "phases" or "steps" over "elements".

The movements are:

Tree (Chinese: 木, pinyin: mù)

Fire (Chinese: 火, pinyin: huǒ)

Earth (Chinese: 土, pinyin: tǔ)

Metal (Chinese: 金, pinyin: jīn)

Water (Chinese: 水, pinyin: shuǐ)

The system of five phases was used for describing interactions and relationships between phenomena. It was employed as a device in many fields of early Chinese thought, including seemingly disparate fields such as geomancy or Feng shui, astrology, traditional Chinese medicine, music, military strategy and martial arts.

Generating

The common memory jogs, which help to remind in what order the phases are, are:

Tree feeds Fire;

Fire creates Earth (ash);

Earth bears Metal;

Metal carries Water (as in a bucket or tap, or water condenses on metal);

Water nourishes Tree.

Other common words for this cycle include "begets", "engenders" and "mothers."

[edit] Overcoming

Tree parts Earth;

Earth absorbs Water;

Water quenches Fire;

Fire melts Metal;

Metal chops Tree.

Also:

Tree absorbs Water;

Water rusts Metal;

Metal breaks up Earth;

Earth smothers Fire;

Fire burns Wood.

This cycle might also be called "controls", "restrains" or "fathers".

Archived