dammit Robert. You got the Grammys....

LedZeppagain

wow. I honestly didnt think my post would get this much attention. Anyways, sorry If Im repeating thoughts that have been expressed thousands of times. I just found this board about 2 weeks ago, and checked it once. When I did, all I really saw was one thread about possible Robert Plant replacements after throwing up in my a little bit, I couldnt return until my Son had us watch old Zeppelin footage as well as the last couple of shows they did. We were both impressed beyond belief, and I pray for the day that him and I are blessed to see them live. It wasnt until after I posted this that I saw the thread explaining that the tour was cancelled. Its probobly better that way If Plant isnt involved. All the other singers pale in comparison, whether called Led Zeppelin or any other name.I personally feel that since Bonzo cant be there, his Son would be an honorable sit-in. Im a 33 year old single father who was a HUGE fan of Van Halen when they broke up, and waited all those years to see them,and it was worth the wait to see it with my boy. It was even cooler to see Wolfgang playing with his Dad. Not to compare VH with Zepp, but you get the point. The chance to see a guitar God with the original line-up is something I dont take lightly. Seeing Zeppelin, showing me and my Son how it should be done would be epic. Again, forgive my lack of knowledge of previous discussions. It was late and I was tired. But I meant what I said. I love Zeppelin and nothing could top seeing them live. Peace.

Unfortunately the board gets a lot of people who come onto the board and post a rant against Robert not wanting to join his mates again and then never come back and people who have been on the boards for a while tend to get tired of it so you get a lot of varied reactions. There are many threads on this topic - there's a search function at the top which might help you out :)

Y'know, I saw somebody on another forum say that Robert ought to tour with JP and co. because he owed it to Bonzo, to make his son happy, and that if things were the other way around, Bonzo would have done it for him. It's hard to say how many things are wrong with that sort of thinking--should Robert phone Bonzo's Auntie Ethel to see what she'd want him to do? :rolleyes:

My point being that we've waded through so much of that kind of b.s., LedZeppagain, that the response to your post was maybe stronger than you'd intended. Plus, there's a lot of misinformation out there--like when you said the tour had been canceled. There was never a tour to begin with, so Robert isn't reneging on something he'd said he'd do, but rumors about a tour have circulated for so long now that many people believe them. So if we all jumped on you, please don't take it personally--there's just a lot of frustration on both sides of this issue.

**disclaimer: Auntie Ethel is a fictional character**

Exactly--they were announcing something that wasn't true, people understandably believed it, and then got mad at Robert considering him to be responsible for the tour not happening--when the responsibility is actually that of the people who made an announcement of something as fact when really it was just speculation.

Archived