I find it a tad peculiar...

Zepaholic

That's the whole frigging point! What the BBC 6 had run as new quotations in the days leading up to Jimmy's 65th birthday were actually comments he made months prior. I've been saying this for quite some time here but I guess it's like Jimmy in Japan: some people only hear what they want to hear. It can't be made any clearer -- it's over!

Steve, thanks for sending the timeline. Now this all finally makes sense. And yes-it can't be made any clearer.

That's the whole frigging point! What the BBC 6 had run as new quotations in the days leading up to Jimmy's 65th birthday were actually comments he made months prior. I've been saying this for quite some time here but I guess it's like Jimmy in Japan: some people only hear what they want to hear. It can't be made any clearer -- it's over!

I simply can't believe that the bbc interviewed mensch, he told them that jjj are officially looking for a new singer and then the bbc just sat on the interview...for months.

Why would they wait??? That makes no sense at all.

In fact, nobody in this forum really knows whats gonna happen (maybe the admins).

But according to all that news from unofficial sources, it doesn't seem to happen. Personally, I don't belive that Jimmy will ever go on stage again and play a full set.In the future I think JPJ will be playing at Festivals again and Jason will maybe join another band as drummer.

So lets just hope that a O2 DVD will someday see the light of day!

The problem i have is that it was NEVER going to be Led Zeppelin anyway. Page and Jones made it quite clear when they were rehearsing singers that the "project" would not be called Led Zeppelin. Fine. "The Led Zeppelin is finished nonsense" is just that...nonsense.

My curiosity stems from the ambiguity that followed this failed project. We have Mensch giving his rather terse statement about the pseudo-zeppelin being finished for good, we have Jones saying that it simply didn't work out and we have Myles Kennedy promising to tell his story one day.

With all due respect, i am left with more questions than answers. I am not spiteful in any way because i do not wish to see another half-assed reunion band with nothing to offer except memories. JP and Jones have my total support and respect for the way they go about their business and if they say it won't work, i'm a believer.

What i would like to know is:

What were they trying to accomplish with this audition.

Why is Mensch refering to Zeppelin as being finished when it wasn't going to be Zeppelin anyway.

What on earth is Jimmy Page going to do this year.

Will Jimmy hook up with Jones again.

Jason left Foreigner presumebly to work on "the project". Where does this leave him.

And finally, why is Robert still being so selfish and...............................KIDDING.

Just hoping to see some activity from the individual members aside from Robert and i was especially looking forward to seeing JPJ and Jimmy work together again on stage. Robert is absilutely where he is supposed to be and i hope that Jimmy, JPJ and Jason can find a similar place to build on their legacies.

Obviously none of us will know the official answers but my thoughts are, Mensch issuing a statement is not uncommon for managers to do. He made it to the point I assume to try to deflect more speculation and quell rumours, specifically about Led Zeppelin - I'd venture he was getting a ton of calls etc. on the matter. As far as the auditions, I think that's pretty clear. Page/Jones and Bonham wanted to carry on with a new project. They needed a singer. They tried several people out. None fit what they wanted. They decided to scrap the project at least for the foreseeable future. Where this will lead Jason - good question. Incredibly talented drummer. I'd like to think either he'll form his own band or someone will snatch him up to work with them. Time will tell. I'd love to see Jimmy on stage too - will he do that? It doesn't seem likely this year sad to say. I suspect Jones will have studio projects as he has been and who knows, maybe he'll release another solo album. Again we won't know until there is some sort of announcement.

OK im wondering here is there a way to contact the ledzeppelin.com management people because they haven't even put any news about this stuff on the website at all yet

maybe they're still deciding on what they are going to do because in the past they (led zeppelin) have done this before and then gone on tour.

they never really like press conferences and stuff like that so i have hope that this is all hear say news.

But any ways if you know how to contact the website management plz let me know <_<

There is no news to put out. Press releases have been issued and posted here from Robert as well as Jimmy. There's really nothing further to say because there is no Zep reunion and whatever the project the three J's were working on has been scrapped. No need for a press conference on the matter when the press releases were pretty clear nor do most bands hold them for such announcements.

Peculiar or not, the fact is: we are on the passive receiving end. There is nothing we can do, and speculation and disbelief won't help much.

Relax and take a step back. Let the anger flow away. I'll be totally happy if something will come from them again, but I'm not holding my breath. If not, be thankful for they've given us, they are all wonderful musicians.

Peculiar or not, the fact is: we are on the passive receiving end. There is nothing we can do, and speculation and disbelief won't help much.

Relax and take a step back. Let the anger flow away. I'll be totally happy if something will come from them again, but I'm not holding my breath. If not, be thankful for they've given us, they are all wonderful musicians.

:yesnod: :yesnod:

Agreed glicine!! :thumbsup: I am still hoping for a DVD release of the O2 concert someday. That would be wonderful. B)

i find it a tad peculiar how my post asking about the page edge white film disappeared into thin air.....

No, it didn't disappear, but was moved to the Newbie forum.

And search for the film in the News forum, there's alot to read.

Archived