I find it a tad peculiar...

Zepaholic

That since Jimmy's manager proclaimed that the "project" they were working on was now dead, we have not heard a peep from Jimmy, JPJ or Jason....NOTHING, NADA, ZILTCH. It's been almost 6 weeks now and all we've heard is Myles Kennedy say that the experience was "surreal". Myles himself won't reveal how, when of what songs were rehearsed and say's that he'll tell the story "one day".

I mean, if it's dead then why the fuck not tell us the reasoning? I little morsel of information? Anything? Whay all the secrecy over something that never came about?

This isn't one of those "they owe it to us" proclamations, just try to find some logic and reasoning as to why the boy's can't help us out...and why Kennedy is keeping the story to himself.

What say you?

Myles is simply being courteous towards them in the aftermath of their disappointment.

When Jimmy wishes to discuss it publicly he will. JPJ has already publicly confirmed

rehearsals were held but the project didn't work out. It's as simple as that, really.

Seems to me they just can't win for losing with many folks out there. Robert issued

a statement in September and he's still being raked over the coals for it. It's over.

Agreed. I don't think we need to really know the reasons. I figure if they want us to know specifics, they'll tell us. If not, it falls into the not for us to know.

I read it as that they were having fun "BEFORE" RP showed up, not "UNTIL".

That is, they had already started to have fun before he got there, & there was no suggestion that they stopped having fun once he did arrive.

Funny how some people want to jump on every little phrase and find the worst possible interpretation for it...

That since Jimmy's manager proclaimed that the "project" they were working on was now dead, we have not heard a peep from Jimmy, JPJ or Jason....NOTHING, NADA, ZILTCH. It's been almost 6 weeks now and all we've heard is Myles Kennedy say that the experience was "surreal". Myles himself won't reveal how, when of what songs were rehearsed and say's that he'll tell the story "one day".

I mean, if it's dead then why the fuck not tell us the reasoning? I little morsel of information? Anything? Whay all the secrecy over something that never came about?

This isn't one of those "they owe it to us" proclamations, just try to find some logic and reasoning as to why the boy's can't help us out...and why Kennedy is keeping the story to himself.

What say you?

I agree. The same thing crossed mine, and I am sure, thoursands of minds. Some people are free not to want to know and be happy about it, but I am sure that those who are curious will find out why before long. :wave: I hope Jimmy was not intimidated by that prick of a journalist who accused him of starting to resemble a cast member of Monty Python doing old lady drag. I would roll this "writer" in wax and feathers for a change... :rolleyes:

I agree. The same thing crossed mine, and I am sure, thoursands of minds. Some people are free not to want to know and be happy about it, but I am sure that those who are curious will find out why before long. :wave: I hope Jimmy was not intimidated by that prick of a journalist who accused him of starting to resemble a cast member of Monty Python doing old lady drag. I would roll this "writer" in wax and feathers for a change... :rolleyes:

I very much doubt if something like that intimidates Jimmy!

And it makes sense to me that after the announcement that the project was dead, they haven't said anything. What is there to say? We already know there's no project. Other than telling us why each singer didn't work out, which wouldn't be fair to them, what would they say?

Myles is simply being courteous towards them in the aftermath of their disappointment.

When Jimmy wishes to discuss it publicly he will. JPJ has already publicly confirmed

rehearsals were held but the project didn't work out. It's as simple as that, really.

Seems to me they just can't win for losing with many folks out there. Robert issued

a statement in September and he's still being raked over the coals for it. It's over.

When did JPJ say the project was over? I have been on every site, everyday and have not seen that? frankly I think its ridiculous that 3 fabulous musicians cant find anybody to sing with them, its just absurd.

That is, they had already started to have fun before he got there, & there was no suggestion that they stopped having fun once he did arrive.

Funny how some people want to jump on every little phrase and find the worst possible interpretation for it...

Yes they do unfortunately.

When did JPJ say the project was over? I have been on every site, everyday and have not seen that? frankly I think its ridiculous that 3 fabulous musicians cant find anybody to sing with them, its just absurd.

It may be frustrating and disappointing for us they haven't found a singer that's right but it isn't quite as easy as it seems. You have to have that "chemistry" to all work together which is something that either happens or it doesnt. Also, given the fact the three of them are so well established and were looking to create something new (rather than replacing Robert for a Zep tour), to find a singer that WOULDN'T be so compared to Robert I would suspect made it that much harder.

Yes they do unfortunately.

I think Wolfman simply wasn't sure what Jimmy's manager meant by his statement, and asked a question to see how other people interpreted his words. As English is not my native language I found Mensch's words a bit odd too, so I for one am glad someone brought this issue up for clarification.

I think Wolfman simply wasn't sure what Jimmy's manager meant by his statement, and asked a question to see how other people interpreted his words. As English is not my native language I found Mensch's words a bit odd too, so I for one am glad someone brought this issue up for clarification.

I hear what you are saying. For me, I thought Mensch's statement and Robert's, were both pretty clear in meaning.

:thanku::bravo:

I wasn't trying to find the worst possible interpretation out of it, so don't try to make the worst possible interpretation out of my post. Thank you.

What I don't get is what's stopping Jimmy, JPJ, Jason, or any combination thereof from doing music? Jimmy especially...Zeppelin is done, OK, fine, get over it and DO SOMETHING if you want to, if not then let it die...

this is what i am thinking as well. let's get something out for the fans.

i can't believe that of the singers they worked with NOBODY fit, that's crap.

i'm disappointed.

What say you?

Would you want to publically speak of a job offer that fell through?

The way I see it was that it was a group of men, tinkering about in a band, seeing where it could go. No one, save the fans, ever said it would be the second coming of Christ. Jimmy never said so, Jason never said so, and even though JPJ spoke of it, he only said they wanted to play 'loud music'. That doesn't mean they're already cracking on with a world tour and new album. They simply wanted to play loud music. And if they tried a few singers along the way - fair play.

Performing in a band can bring people together in ways other things may not, and as it's their profession, why should they not occasionally jam? They're forever bonded by something they created - those kind of bonds won't ever break. An idea may have come of it to make something more of those jamming sessions, but, ultimately, maybe they just wanted to jam and not go through all the hoopla of the media scrutiny, world tours, fan speculation, etc. Maybe they're just as content as Robert is to let sleeping dogs lie?

There's no right or wrong way about it. They tried something, it didn't work. End of. If we sit here waiting for every bit-player to give us a reason, we'll go mad. Let it be.

i'm disappointed.

It's not even just that. Even if JPJ and Jason decide they don't wanna do anything "Zeppelin" related with Jimmy, NOTHING has stopped Jimmy from doing something on his own the last 10 years or so...he just seems so hung up on Zeppelin and the old days, while Robert seems to have never looked back...good for him!

Would you want to publically speak of a job offer that fell through?

The way I see it was that it was a group of men, tinkering about in a band, seeing where it could go. No one, save the fans, ever said it would be the second coming of Christ. Jimmy never said so, Jason never said so, and even though JPJ spoke of it, he only said they wanted to play 'loud music'. That doesn't mean they're already cracking on with a world tour and new album. They simply wanted to play loud music. And if they tried a few singers along the way - fair play.

Performing in a band can bring people together in ways other things may not, and as it's their profession, why should they not occasionally jam? They're forever bonded by something they created - those kind of bonds won't ever break. An idea may have come of it to make something more of those jamming sessions, but, ultimately, maybe they just wanted to jam and not go through all the hoopla of the media scrutiny, world tours, fan speculation, etc. Maybe they're just as content as Robert is to let sleeping dogs lie?

There's no right or wrong way about it. They tried something, it didn't work. End of. If we sit here waiting for every bit-player to give us a reason, we'll go mad. Let it be.

:goodpost:

As hard as it is to say this, I agree ^ , let it be. I also wish there was more to come from them, but obviously there is not.

I am pissed off at the different people from the rock community that slagged the idea of them getting together with another singer. Especially Chris Cornell, who shouldn't have any say over any group of musicians who decide to make music with a different singer (i.e. Audioslave/Rage).

It is tough to get over this, partly because of their ages, but more obviously because of what we all witnessed they could still do together at the reunion gig. Anyway, as was already said, let it be and enjoy what already has been given.

i'm disappointed.

As nine pointed out, feather, you have to have chemistry..it's either there or not. And remember, Jimmy and JPJ experienced the ultimate chemistry back in 1968 in Gerrard St. It would of had to taken someone special to get anywhere near that level again. I am not talking about the whole argument of "replacing" Robert, but when you have had that magic, musical experience in your career and the massive expectation that Jimmy, JPJ and Jason must of felt to produce the goods, it must be so hard getting that balance right and to spontaneously click with a vocalist on a new project.

As nine pointed out, feather, you have to have chemistry..it's either there or not. And remember, Jimmy and JPJ experienced the ultimate chemistry back in 1968 in Gerrard St. It would of had to taken someone special to get anywhere near that level again. I am not talking about the whole argument of "replacing" Robert, but when you have had that magic, musical experience in your career and the massive expectation that Jimmy, JPJ and Jason must of felt to produce the goods, it must be so hard getting that balance right and to spontaneously click with a vocalist on a new project.

Jimmy's worked with Paul Rogers, David Coverversion, Chris Robinson, Puff Daddy (yuck), and others, and YES i enjoyed what was created, so again, there HAS to be someone who can provide the voice for the 3 J's. i wouldn't think the colaboration with a new vacalist would go beyond 5 yrs anyway, so just do it! stop whining and just do it Jimmy. stop pouting about reuniting zep and do SOMETHING, step up to the plate, shred out some chords and let's have a listen, wahtever 'it' is.

sheesh!

my $0.02

:goodpost:

Jimmy's worked with Paul Rogers, David Coverversion, Chris Robinson, Puff Daddy (yuck), and others, and YES i enjoyed what was created, so again, there HAS to be someone who can provide the voice for the 3 J's. i wouldn't think the colaboration with a new vacalist would go beyond 5 yrs anyway, so just do it! stop whining and just do it Jimmy. stop pouting about reuniting zep and do SOMETHING, step up to the plate, shred out some chords and let's have a listen, wahtever 'it' is.

sheesh!

my $0.02

Whilst I believe they probably had some really great musicians lining the block to perform with them, I don't necessarily believe the right vocalist was the be all and end all. Who's to say that one of them was only half-hearted in his participation? Who's to say that one of them wanted/demanded more than was possible (or reasonable)? And I don't think it's solely down to Jimmy's decision, either. John Paul Jones had just as much influence in the band as any of the other three. And I honestly believe Jason is doted on by them. I really do believe they want his opinion and expertise just as much as they would've wanted his dad's.

There are plenty of reasons why nothing transpired, but to lay the blame solely on Jimmy's decision-making or bad vocalists isn't fair.

Archived