New Supergroup?

Taylore

Wow, really? I can't say I'm a fan of any of those guys, though FOW was kind of cool for a minute. I'm only interested because it's a bizarre collaboration.

I'm not a fan of any of those groups particularly either but I knew Adam Schlessinger a long time ago :lol: I'd give it a listen only out of curiosity - though I could be pleasantly surprised!

Bun E. Carlos is a complete douchebag. I read an interview awhile back where he said both Zeppelin and John Bonham were overrated. Jealously is never good Bun.

I remember a bald guy who looked like someone's goofy dad in Cheap trick MTV videos over 20 years ago - is that who you're talking about?

Ok so...I'm kind of ashamed that I posted this here. Rolling Stone posted their first single and yeah...definately not what I expected. I mean, I do like it and I think it's a good song in terms of catchiness but I thought they would sound much more mature than this. I expected so much more out of Taylor especially since he is such an amazing songwriter and multi-talented musician. I'm kind of disappointed that they sound more like Fountains of Wayne, which I think is the least innovative group out of the 4 that each of the members are from. If you listen to Hanson, they really sound nothing like this. Oh well, maybe the album will have some better, less poppy songs on it.

You can hear their first single here: http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokings...ted-windows.php

It's called "Kind of a Girl"

Ok so...I'm kind of ashamed that I posted this here. Rolling Stone posted their first single and yeah...definately not what I expected. I mean, I do like it and I think it's a good song in terms of catchiness but I thought they would sound much more mature than this. I expected so much more out of Taylor especially since he is such an amazing songwriter and multi-talented musician. I'm kind of disappointed that they sound more like Fountains of Wayne, which I think is the least innovative group out of the 4 that each of the members are from. If you listen to Hanson, they really sound nothing like this. Oh well, maybe the album will have some better, less poppy songs on it.

You can hear their first single here: http://www.rollingstone.com/blogs/smokings...ted-windows.php

It's called "Kind of a Girl"

Well, the song was better then I thought it would be, but the production is way to slick for my taste. I could definitely hear the 80's powerpop influences they were speaking of, though I rather put on my old Buzzcocks records then listen to this.

• 4 weeks later...
Oh well, maybe the album will have some better, less poppy songs on it.

With the exception of Iha, judging by the lineup I'd expect the album to sound "poppy".

By the way, I love Cheap Trick and Fountains of Wayne. Can't say I ever cared at all for Hanson. I also really like early Smashing Pumpkins but they completely lost me after that. As for "power pop", I love that kind of music but so often people seem to get thrown off by the "pop" part of that description. Think early Beatles, Nick Lowe, Rockpile, early Elvis Costello, Cheap Trick, Fountains of Wayne, etc. "Pop" in this instance isn't meant to be a bad word.

Archived