Led Zeppelin Official Bootlegs - could this work

There are no known multitracks of any 1977 shows.

Why would they leave off the Guitar Solo? That's the highlight of the 1977 shows (especially LA).

Also, 6/22, 6/26, 6/27 are the best NOT the dates you mentioned.

The Guitar Solo - different strokes for different folks. If they wanted a 3CD set they could include everything and still have a few minutes to spare; and I'd certainly be happy to have it all there, including the solo.

As for which is the best performance, again, that's subjective, and IMHO we'll never really know until/unless we can hear them all in something approaching similar sound quality. I still prefer 06 21 & 23 to 27 based on what I've heard, but I'm certainly willing to believe 22 and/or 26 might be better - but as far as I'm concerned it could just be the inferior tapes for those dates covering up some of the rough spots.

As for multitracks, yes, there are no known ones - but that doesn't mean they don't exist somewhere. I haven't studied the wide-angle pics of those shows to see if the mic setups give any clues.

If there are only soundboards, then it's very, very unlikely the band would ever do an official release based on just those.

But we do know a soundboard tape of 06 23 exists (Guitar Solo!) - and so it's likely that soundboard tapes for all the L.A. 77 shows are out there somewhere. So bootleg hope springs eternal... :-)

But we do know a soundboard tape of 06 23 exists (Guitar Solo!) - and so it's likely that soundboard tapes for all the L.A. 77 shows are out there somewhere. So bootleg hope springs eternal... :-)

I'm not saying that the LA 77 shows werent taped from the board but that Guitar Solo board tape exists because it was used by the lighting guy(s) to practice the lighting cues. I remember reading that somewhere. Possibly on R-O.com.

I'm not saying that the LA 77 shows werent taped from the board but that Guitar Solo board tape exists because it was used by the lighting guy(s) to practice the lighting cues. I remember reading that somewhere. Possibly on R-O.com.

No "possibly," that's the story as given over at RO.

I think we'll see the '75 and '77 Forum soundboards released one day. Just a matter of when EVSD gains possession of them, really!

• 1 year later...

Archived