2017 NFL Thread

Walter

I think it may be asking too much for Baltimore to help us out tonight?  They are favored?  I think Miami has to go with Moore.  I have no idea how they are 4-2 but they are.  The turnover cost the Jets but that game matters not.  We do not see Miami until December in Buffalo and then we end the season there in week 17, and that could be a big game?  As well as New England has done, Miami is and always will be our number one nemesis and biggest rival.  I have always hated the pricks.  

Was wondering if Moore was going to make it out of that game alive last night, and then Flacco ends up taking the big hit.  The Dolphins offense is very offensive !

Which brings us to Brian Mihalik.  Never heard of him ?....me neither.  He was drafted in the 7th round by Philly as a Defensive End.  He ended up in Pittsburgh, who attempted to turn him in to an Offensive lineman.  He never played a down in an NFL game and was let go.  We picked him up, and he'll be starting at Left Tackle this week against his old team on Sunday night.  Just making you aware that Mathew Stafford is about to become a human piñata just in time for Halloween.   

Bills now 5-2 and on to NY to play those pesky Jets. 

3 of the 4 guys on FOX picked Carolina over Tampa as their "upset".  What the hell did they know?  The Raiders are better than the score indicates.  The Bills defense really has a secondary now.  New England pulls out another game I thought they might lose.  Bastards.  They have to play the Raida's in Me he co.  Later on I mean.  Atlanta would have done a better job on the Jets if it had not been raining pitch forks IMO.   The inclement weather always helps the dog.  We are in there on Thursday night and the Jets will be one desperate team.  I just hope we can put them away. Hope has returned to Western NY

2 minutes ago, redrum said:

GO HOUSTON!!

No No No.  Go Seattle and Go Dodgers.   :lol:

Was just thinking with the way its raining the Redskins might be better off going for two.  Sure enough they missed the kick.  Not that it was a situation to go for 2 but its raining pitch forks.  The entire East Coast.

7 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Not like your 49ers are going any where.  I want Houston to lose because they are in the AFC.

Touchdown Seahwawks

The Niners totally suck and the Seahawks just get on my nerves.

GO RAMS!!

Big trades:

Seattle gets a lift on their offensive line trading with Houston to get Brown for Jeremy Lane, a 2nd rounder and a fifth rounder. Tackles are tough to come by.  Seems like a good deal for both sides.

Garoppolo traded to San Fran for a 2nd rounder but his contract is up at the end of the season and there are no guarantees.

Eagles pick up Jay Ajayi from Miami.  The Philly locker room has a lot of players with issues, can’t believe they’ve kept it together this long and now adding Ajayi who Miami has been very frustrated with.  

Bills acquire Kelvin Benjamin from Carolina - not sure what they’re giving up but he can be a premiere receiver and should fit perfectly with their offense and is already close with their head coach.

oh yeah, Zeke is suspended for 6 games starting this weekend, unless something crazy happens - which is always possible in a court of law.  Bring on McFadden, more Dak and Dez.  Dan Bailey is also our another 3-4 weeks.  Losing two of the best at their position is tough.  That’s why it’s a team though. 

13 hours ago, Walter said:

Big trades:

Seattle gets a lift on their offensive line trading with Houston to get Brown for Jeremy Lane, a 2nd rounder and a fifth rounder. Tackles are tough to come by.  Seems like a good deal for both sides.

Garoppolo traded to San Fran for a 2nd rounder but his contract is up at the end of the season and there are no guarantees.

Eagles pick up Jay Ajayi from Miami.  The Philly locker room has a lot of players with issues, can’t believe they’ve kept it together this long and now adding Ajayi who Miami has been very frustrated with.  

Bills acquire Kelvin Benjamin from Carolina - not sure what they’re giving up but he can be a premiere receiver and should fit perfectly with their offense and is already close with their head coach.

oh yeah, Zeke is suspended for 6 games starting this weekend, unless something crazy happens - which is always possible in a court of law.  Bring on McFadden, more Dak and Dez.  Dan Bailey is also our another 3-4 weeks.  Losing two of the best at their position is tough.  That’s why it’s a team though. 

I just woke up to this and head it from you first.  Is he a wide out or TE?  I know they had some concerns with Clay but O'Leary has come up big.  And Clay is due back.  If not vs Jets then vs New Orleans.  I just cant remember this guy very well as I do not follow Carolina that closely.  They have that guy that is the Tasker/Welker type.  Forget his name. Prettty much there go to guy

Gave up a third and seventh round pick in next years draft.  No biggie considering we have two picks in each early round.  WE have KCs first pick, and Rams first.  Eagles second.  Bills are loaded with picks and looking pretty good now. I say they draft a QB and a defensive pass rusher.

Raiders vs. Dolphins will always have a sentimental ring for me. Growing up watching football in the 1970s and '80s, Raiders vs. Dolphins was a marquee AFC matchup and often scheduled as the national NBC game or on Monday Night Football. The games would be accompanied by the voices of Curt Gowdy-John Brodie or Dick Enberg-Merlin Olsen or Frank, Howard, and Dandy Don.

The lustre has fallen off the teams in recent years but there were few games I looked forward to with more anticipation than the Silver-and-Black taking on Don Shula's boys in the Orange Bowl or the Coliseum (Oakland or L.A.), whether it was Bob Griese and the Czonk and No-Name Defense or Dan Marino and the Super Marks (Duper and Clayton).

The teams have met 37 times with the Raiders ahead 19-17-1.

Goddamn Raider receivers had more drops last night than my cellphone going through the Los Feliz hills. Cooper and Crabtree were an embarrassment. Raiders should have won that game by 17 points at least.

Then, after that game we watched the Seahawks vs. Taters game on the Tivo. Only ebk could be happy with that result. Brenda Walsh should have been fired on the spot missing all those field goals. Plug ugly game all-around...one of the worst I have seen Seattle play in the Pete Carroll era. No running game. Pathetic offensive line. Their one play on offense is Russell Wilson running for his life.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

Goddamn Raider receivers had more drops last night than my cellphone going through the Los Feliz hills. Cooper and Crabtree were an embarrassment. Raiders should have won that game by 17 points at least.

Then, after that game we watched the Seahawks vs. Taters game on the Tivo. Only ebk could be happy with that result. Brenda Walsh should have been fired on the spot missing all those field goals. Plug ugly game all-around...one of the worst I have seen Seattle play in the Pete Carroll era. No running game. Pathetic offensive line. Their one play on offense is Russell Wilson running for his life.

Maybe that is enough to change my pick to Arizona?  Yes, Raiders should have won by more.  I went to bed with them up 27-16 and thinking I had the cover with 4 minutes left.  I awoke to the horror of a push, 3 point win.  They needed that win though.  

Kills me how the Bills lose one game on 4 days rest in NY, and most here will write them off and are ready to hand New Orleans the trophy.  New Orleans is not likely to come North and beat us in our stadium where we are unbeaten and win 7 in a row.  They are not 7 in a row good.  The Bills will have Benjamin and Clay will be back.  We are going to win this game.

On 11/5/2017 at 5:01 PM, Strider said:

Raiders vs. Dolphins will always have a sentimental ring for me. Growing up watching football in the 1970s and '80s, Raiders vs. Dolphins was a marquee AFC matchup and often scheduled as the national NBC game or on Monday Night Football. The games would be accompanied by the voices of Curt Gowdy-John Brodie or Dick Enberg-Merlin Olsen or Frank, Howard, and Dandy Don.

The lustre has fallen off the teams in recent years but there were few games I looked forward to with more anticipation than the Silver-and-Black taking on Don Shula's boys in the Orange Bowl or the Coliseum (Oakland or L.A.), whether it was Bob Griese and the Czonk and No-Name Defense or Dan Marino and the Super Marks (Duper and Clayton).

The teams have met 37 times with the Raiders ahead 19-17-1.

The good 'ol days.

Archived