2017 NFL Thread

Walter

16 hours ago, redrum said:

OMG! The Niners are on the verge of their 1st win. Of course this could also be called 'The Loser Bowl!' :sarcastic_hand:

Way to go Rams. Make it harder for Seattle.

Rams have at Minnesota, New Orleans and the Eagles coming up also.  So then we see how good they are.  I believe they are very good.  As for Bills?  Yesterday was a pathetic performance.  Maybe the worst in years.  The Jets game they had a ton of bad breaks and broke down pass protection.  But yesterday they could not stop the run at all.  Best wake up and beat the Chargers who self destructed yesterday

Boy Rick, those indoor-dome-playing Saints sure were affected by the cold weather up in Buffalo? :lol:

That, coupled with the Patriots destruction of the Broncos in Denver, it looks like the AFC East is still ruled by New England. No challenge by Bills, 'Fins, or Jets this year.

Come playoffs, is there any AFC team besides New England or Pittsburgh you trust to handle the playoff pressure? Kansas City? Maybe...but we all know Andy Reid's dismal playoff failures.

Congrats to San Francisco winning their first game. I figured a win would only come against a team such as the Browns or the Giants. I'm sure redrum was ecstatic.

Man, it is hysterical watching the San DeLame-O Chargers take a pratfall every week and hear Los Angeles collectively yawn because we don't give two stinking farthings about the Chargers. It's sweet to see Goodell and the Spanos goofs sit there with egg on their faces. Get the fuck out of L.A. you clowns!

On 11/13/2017 at 3:54 PM, Strider said:

Boy Rick, those indoor-dome-playing Saints sure were affected by the cold weather up in Buffalo? :lol:

That, coupled with the Patriots destruction of the Broncos in Denver, it looks like the AFC East is still ruled by New England. No challenge by Bills, 'Fins, or Jets this year.

Come playoffs, is there any AFC team besides New England or Pittsburgh you trust to handle the playoff pressure? Kansas City? Maybe...but we all know Andy Reid's dismal playoff failures.

Congrats to San Francisco winning their first game. I figured a win would only come against a team such as the Browns or the Giants. I'm sure redrum was ecstatic.

Man, it is hysterical watching the San DeLame-O Chargers take a pratfall every week and hear Los Angeles collectively yawn because we don't give two stinking farthings about the Chargers. It's sweet to see Goodell and the Spanos goofs sit there with egg on their faces. Get the fuck out of L.A. you clowns!

I do not think this is over by any means.  I like the Raiders this week.  But I have just seen maybe the most shocking decision by a Bills coach ever.  McDermott is going to sit Taylor and start Peterson.  A ballsy and controversial move to say the least.  If this backfires he might catch hell.  Not sure i agree with it.  But we know very little about this guy

Good point made on TV, NFL network.  Are Bills going to tank the season to move up in draft?  Having many picks for the first time in ages?  I do think McDermott thinks this kid can win.  But its very strange timing.  I do not  agree with this at all.  I think its just stupid.  I hope he proves me wrong.  But doubt it. Can still beat Chargers on the ground as they are ranked 32 vs the run.  After last week we are likely 31.  I believe the Bills will  ultimately trade up a first round our second round pick to get their franchise QB?  Unless they want one of these guys that are likely to be released.  Like Bortles (NO), Cousins (NO).  I would prefer to have a rookie out of college.

Kind of like the over-head video game camera angles they showed last night, especially from the perspective of Mariota's interceptions.  I called the one out before he even threw the football.  Doesn't really seem to fit kickoffs though.  

Lion trap game ahead !  :ph34r: 

This is the week we find out how well Buffalo Bills fans travel. Every Charger "home" game has been infiltrated by mobs of the opposing team's fans. The best (or worst, depending on your perspective) was when the Eagles played the Chargers and the Eagles fans took over the stadium...it was like being in Philadelphia.

So how many Buffalo Bills fans will fly out to the game tomorrow? How many ex-Buffalo and Rochester residents are out here in the Southland and will be at the game? Of course, it will be warmer than your typical Buffalo home game but still, the Bills should feel right at home tomorrow.

The Chargers are a team without a home, a team without a city, a team without a clue.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

Where's that "vaunted Bills defense" Rick? And tell me why your coach changed quarterbacks for this game? :rolleyes:

I dont know and I dont know.  From the penthouse to the shit house in 3 weeks.  Try and figure out anything in this sport these days.  Its not like it was in the 70s and 80s.

The Lions are lucky their best player is their kicker.  As that game unfolded I thought for sure I was going to hear their time honored excuse of starting the game on grass with the wrong cleats.  Mathew took another beating.

If you're going to shift me to an overtime game, don't suddenly cut the coverage at the most pivotal moment....how ignorant ! 

A very nice roster of Thanksgiving games this year.  Looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

The Lions are lucky their best player is their kicker.  As that game unfolded I thought for sure I was going to hear their time honored excuse of starting the game on grass with the wrong cleats. 

:hysterical:  For once the Lions didn't screw me.

14 minutes ago, Anjin-san said:

These House Flags for the New England Patriots are 28"x40" in size, have current NFL Team Logo Designs, made of polyester, and Same Day Shipped with Overnight Express Delivery. This New England Patriots Throwback House Flag provides a top pole sleeve and is NFL Officially Licensed.

:wtf: happened to the Raiders?

They ain't shit. Brady owns Jack Del Rio. Go look at Brady's record versus Jack Del Rio-coached teams...Brady destroys them because he knows Del Rio's defense inside and out.

The Raiders are regressing instead of progressing from last year. Too many dropped passes. Too many predictable play-calls. No pressure from defense. Weak secondary. Zero takeaways.

They bought their own hype during the off-season when people predicted they would make the playoffs and some even thought they would contend for the Super Bowl. Thought they could just coast on their laurels and wins would automatically come.

Now they are back where they started...mired in mediocrity. Still don't know if Derek Carr can be a franchise quarterback or a one-year wonder like Scott Mitchell or RG III. The coaching staff has definitely got to go. They ain't going anywhere with Jack Del Rio....he belongs in the coaching dustbin with Jeff Fisher.

Jeff Fisher had Jared Goff and Case Keenum as his quarterback last year on the Rams and couldn't do anything with either one. He should never get another coaching job again.

I left the Dallas-Philadelphia game at halftime with the Cowboys defense seemingly in control and Dallas with a 9-7 lead. So what the hell happened in the second half, Walter?

Why does Buffalo's coach still have a job? He should have been fired at halftime yesterday. Unless necessitated by injury, you don't start a rookie QB on the road for his first game. Taylor was not the reason Buffalo lost to New Orleans 47-10 the week before. The guy had only three interceptions all season. Nutterman (or whatever his name was...he'll be lucky to play another game) had doubled that total by halftime yesterday. It was awful.

It's only thanks to Oakland and Denver losing that Buffalo is still in the playoff hunt. But Buffalo's coach is a clown. Reminds me of Mangenius and that dope the Dolphins had a few years ago.

9 hours ago, Strider said:

They ain't shit. Brady owns Jack Del Rio. Go look at Brady's record versus Jack Del Rio-coached teams...Brady destroys them because he knows Del Rio's defense inside and out.

The Raiders are regressing instead of progressing from last year. Too many dropped passes. Too many predictable play-calls. No pressure from defense. Weak secondary. Zero takeaways.

They bought their own hype during the off-season when people predicted they would make the playoffs and some even thought they would contend for the Super Bowl. Thought they could just coast on their laurels and wins would automatically come.

Now they are back where they started...mired in mediocrity. Still don't know if Derek Carr can be a franchise quarterback or a one-year wonder like Scott Mitchell or RG III. The coaching staff has definitely got to go. They ain't going anywhere with Jack Del Rio....he belongs in the coaching dustbin with Jeff Fisher.

Jeff Fisher had Jared Goff and Case Keenum as his quarterback last year on the Rams and couldn't do anything with either one. He should never get another coaching job again.

I left the Dallas-Philadelphia game at halftime with the Cowboys defense seemingly in control and Dallas with a 9-7 lead. So what the hell happened in the second half, Walter?

The offensive line couldn’t block anyone and the defense couldn’t stop em either.  Hence 31 unanswered points and a qb turning the ball over 5 times and lucky to escape without a concussion or worse...

Season is done as long as Lee and Smith are out.  Can’t lose 4 all-pros (not just Pro Bowlers) and continue to win.

Archived