MOVIE QUESTIONS: The Song Remains The Same

SteveAJones

Could be worse - could be Pennebaker's film of Bowie's last Ziggy gig. That's not only a dog's dinner, it's the slop on the deck when the dog's puked it's dinner back up.  

Edited by Brigante

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, Gregalan said:

Why was the opening song in the movie (BLACK DOG) not on the album "THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME"?

"Black Dog" is not the opening song in the movie. "Rock and Roll" is the opening song and was the opening song at all of the 1973 concerts.

After "Rock and Roll", the band segued into "Celebration Day", which is the same one-two punch you hear on the album. Then Jimmy does the "Bring It on Home" riff that leads into "Black Dog", the third song of the night.

In the original movie, they cut "Black Dog" severely short, missing whole sections of verses between the opening verses and the guitar solo.

3 minutes ago, Strider said:

"Black Dog" is not the opening song in the movie. "Rock and Roll" is the opening song and was the opening song at all of the 1973 concerts.

After "Rock and Roll", the band segued into "Celebration Day", which is the same one-two punch you hear on the album. Then Jimmy does the "Bring It on Home" riff that leads into "Black Dog", the third song of the night.

In the original movie, they cut "Black Dog" severely short, missing whole sections of verses between the opening verses and the guitar solo.

Thank you as usual Strider. If I may, can you please tell me when we will get an update to your 72 concert update? If you have already done that and I have missed it I apologize.

Thank you in advance. Have a wonderful day. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 1:41 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

Here's a question; What happened to all the props used in the film? Did any of them turn up at auctions or in personal collections? I'd like to get my hands on the gameboard the villains were using.

I know for certain Jimmy still has the mold for the life mask used in his fantasy sequence, and if I recall correctly didn't Robert wield his sword once again when he met with AC/DC's Brian Johnson in recent years? Beyond that I can't recall anything else having been kept by anyone all these years.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

I know for certain Jimmy still has the mold for the life mask used in his fantasy sequence, and if I recall correctly didn't Robert wield his sword once again when he met with AC/DC's Brian Johnson in recent years? Beyond that I can't recall anything else having been kept by anyone all these years.

sword and believe the chlothes as he walked over the bridge for the interview

• 5 weeks later...