Monday Night Football loves Led Zeppelin!

Joe Schmo

:angry: Led Zeppelin belongs on the radio and on my personal music player, NOT on ESPN! I find it hard to listen to Rock and Roll since Cadillac got their hands on it. I am really apprehensive about further commercialization of Led Zeppelin. They have remained nearly PURE up until now. If Jimmy Page and Robert Plant read this, STOP LICENSING LED ZEPPELIN MUSIC. It is sweet nectar for my ears and it should never be associated with television, or advertisements or anything else.

I actually agree with you regarding the PURITY of Led Zeppelin. But I DO love hearing those riffs!

It is that way of thinking that will leave the best rock band in the shadows of yesterday. They have always been on the cutting edge of technology in their music and its no different today. Either embrace all media outlets or be forgotten... The purity is in the music itself. Don't kill the messenger.

Did you say purity? tee hee - thats a good one.

Led Zeppelin's music was introduced to me organically on my friend's walkman. Great music spreads like a plague from person to person. It doesn't need sound bytes on the most commercialized television program. Their music has been heard since it was recorded by an enormous audience, not because the band used it like Moby did with his album Play to "get the word out", but simply because it is awesome. Led Zeppelin doesn't need MNF or the money that is generated by royalties on the music's licenses. They are selling out. All I think of when I hear "Rock and Roll" is a f*****g STS. What's next? "Achilles Last Stand" and The National Football League? This will only bring Led Zeppelin's music down to the level of commercial background fodder. It's bad.

When I was growing up, radio was another outlet for music. After hearing a good song, I bought the album. At first tapes, then CDs. iTunes and the internet is replacing radio, I admit, but I don't think Led Zeppelin needs to "get the word out" about their music with sound bytes on MNF. The word is out and the word is good.

I agree with all of you in your sentiment that you don't want to see Zep become "commercialized." For the most part, they have resisted that from their very inception.

By adding a few Zep riffs to MNF, maybe they are trying to whet the American public's appetite for a U.S. tour? Wishful thinking I know but how cool would THAT be!

My (and I hope Our) appetites have been voracious for a long time. There has been only 3 Led Zeppelin appearances, let alone a full blown concert anywhere in the world since I became old enough to attend one. (I was 4 when John Bonham Died.) According to Wiki there will be a "likely appearance" at Bonaroo as well as an 08 tour. If i can afford it, I'm going to all the shows. All of them.

Bore,

Can you elaborate on this Bonaroo thing? I heard a mention of that myself but I know NOTHING about Bonaroo other than it's somewhere in Tennessee. Is it every year? Is it a lot of bands? If Zep played there would it be a full concert or would it be a three song 20 minute set? Thanks.

Hi all,

:angry: Led Zeppelin belongs on the radio and on my personal music player, NOT on ESPN! I find it hard to listen to Rock and Roll since Cadillac got their hands on it. I am really apprehensive about further commercialization of Led Zeppelin. They have remained nearly PURE up until now. If Jimmy Page and Robert Plant read this, STOP LICENSING LED ZEPPELIN MUSIC. It is sweet nectar for my ears and it should never be associated with television, or advertisements or anything else.

Cadillac asked to use the song and they said 'yes'. Hell that commerical got my 75 year old mom to start listening to Zep!

Lastly,it is their music and they can do anything they want with it,.... :rolleyes:

Bore,

Can you elaborate on this Bonaroo thing?

It's an annual music festival in Tennessee. The Bonaroo Jazz festival features a number of bands and usually has a headliner. It's 3 days of sex, drugs and rock and roll. I hope Led Zeppelin would play for more than 20 minutes, but I guess it depends on how much the organizers want to throw down.

ok I was just looking at the newest posts on the forum and this one caught my eye. Follow the link to learn more about Bonaroo.

http://billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_di...t_id=1003680943

Lastly,it is their music and they can do anything they want with it,.... :rolleyes:

I realize that Led Zeppelin can do what they want with their music, but that doesn't mean they should start selling it to everyone. They have in the past been VERY frugal with licensing the rights to their music, but this kind of thing makes me really nervous.

Hi all,

I realize that Led Zeppelin can do what they want with their music, but that doesn't mean they should start selling it to everyone. They have in the past been VERY frugal with licensing the rights to their music, but this kind of thing makes me really nervous.

I use to feel the same way but I guess the band doesn't anymore,......

We've been lucky to have the BBC,HTWWW,the DVD come out.But now we get Mothership(listen to it last night),TSRTS,and now iTunes,.......

I'd wish to heck they would put out more live recording CD's and DVD's,...heck Jimmy's got most of the boots himself,.....

Take care,borealfadd! :)

Led Zeppelin Brokers ESPN, NFL Promotional Pacts

Led Zeppelin is now in the midst of a major promotional deal involving both ESPN and the National Football League (NFL), according to information confirmed by Digital Music News. The short-term partnership started splashing this week, and continues until mid-month. Sports fans have already seen Zeppelin songs and video footage threaded throughout various programming from both groups, including live, highlight, and preview segments.

According to Mike Engstrom, vice president of Marketing at Rhino Entertainment, part of the Warner Music Group, the "unprecedented deal" taps into the energy of a simply unrivaled group. "Zeppelin is the greatest rock band in the world, and they've always done things their own way," Engstrom said in an interview Wednesday. Now, that energy is being shared with a heavily male demographic that spans numerous age brackets.

ESPN and the NFL are complementary, and that makes the three-way structure a smart stab. Just recently, Zeppelin was promoted within a nail-biting Monday Night Football game between the New England Patriots and Baltimore Ravens, aired on ESPN. The game was the most-watched program in the history of cable television, according to information shared by the network.

The Zeppelin campaign is designed to raise awareness for the recently-released Mothership, a double-disc greatest hits package. A premium version of that release includes DVD footage, and the group is also re-releasing The Song Remains the Same, a concert film from 1973.

The move follows a string of digital licensing moves by Zeppelin, as well as the announcement of reunion concert in London. Zeppelin is signed to Atlantic / Swan Song, also part of the Warner Music Group.

Archived