Allman's Beacon run 09

danelectro

Wow. How many songs did EC play with the ABB?

Not sure how many songs total but EC was there two nights, the 19th and 20th. They had several guests, as usual, including Taj Mahal, Buddy Guy, Johnny Winter, Billy Gibbons, and more. This years shows sounded amazing, using the youtube clips as a basis. I hope this was filmed for a DVD release. Everything I've seen was great but the EC stuff was really amazing, he fits in well with the ABB and his presence seemed to inspire Trucks and Haynes to really hammer it out. As usual Eric's playing is spectacular, he's playing better than ever in his old age.

Dreams with EC

I was there on the 19th, 20th, and 21st for my birthday. I've went to the Beacon run a few years ago for my birthday. This year was the best Beacon run that I have seen by far. I'm a big fan of The Allman Brothers. The Allman Brothers band are one of the best groups on the planet to see live.

• 2 months later...

A little help, please! I want to go see the Allman Brothers in Chicago in September. They are playing 2 dates with Widespread Panic. On one date ABB opens and WP closes - on the other WP opens and ABB closes. How exactly does that work? I want to see the show that features the ABB - the one they play the most time. May sound like a stupid question - definitely won't be my last - haven't been to a whole lot of shows in recent years but have been lucky enough to rekindle that in the last few months. Thanks for your help!

A little help, please! I want to go see the Allman Brothers in Chicago in September. They are playing 2 dates with Widespread Panic. On one date ABB opens and WP closes - on the other WP opens and ABB closes. How exactly does that work? I want to see the show that features the ABB - the one they play the most time. May sound like a stupid question - definitely won't be my last - haven't been to a whole lot of shows in recent years but have been lucky enough to rekindle that in the last few months. Thanks for your help!

Usually the headline act plays longer and openers have around a 30-45 minute set on average. I'd say you're better off going to the one Widespread Panic opens.

Archived