Just a question about a millard recording

On listen to this eddie how many seconds of ten years gone are cut? I think that some versions of ltte have some of the TYG from 6/23 but I'm not sure

Less than a minute of "Ten Years Gone" is cut on Millard's recording. But the song is indeed cut, per the master recording.

For versions that have the gap filled with the genuine alternate source, and the best-ever version of the show, seek out Winston Remaster's version.

Less than a minute of "Ten Years Gone" is cut on Millard's recording. But the song is indeed cut, per the master recording.

For versions that have the gap filled with the genuine alternate source, and the best-ever version of the show, seek out Winston Remaster's version.

You know your labels cookieshoes! Nice to see that. :)

My educated guess would be 17 seconds based on the Winston Remaster version.

But I'd also like to say that this cut comes at different times in different bootleg versions, often missing more than necessary time. But since Winston presents the most complete tape of all releases, I think that is the most accurate and "short" presentation of the cut.

• 2 weeks later...

The new EV version has TYG perfectly spliced with an inferior, yet quite good source. I also have the SIRA Master Series version, though it sounds wonderful that damn cut is still there. Of all songs to get chopped... :rolleyes:

The new EV version has TYG perfectly spliced with an inferior, yet quite good source. I also have the SIRA Master Series version, though it sounds wonderful that damn cut is still there. Of all songs to get chopped... :rolleyes:

Is it the same source used on the splice on the Winston Remaster?

Because if it is, there are very high probabilities it was a straight copy from Winston's source.

Is it the same source used on the splice on the Winston Remaster?

Because if it is, there are very high probabilities it was a straight copy from Winston's source.

I'm not sure. I'll have to listen to that one and compare. This new EV recording isn't quite as sharp on the high end as the SIRA recording, but it has more depth. Also, the cut between the guitar solo and ALS is gone, finally. It's a very good version of the show.

Archived