Sons of Albion

ocean

My point being is what ideology is Logan following that he hates the American dollar so much? Especially since he has or is going to have so much more of them than we can possibly ever imagine ourselves? What a hypocrite! Like father, like son as some of you have put it. I don't mind criticizing the U.S. as all people are not perfect but the accusations that Robert and Logan make undermine those who make the greatest sacrifices FOR THEM who benefit the most!! There are VERY few people who have benefited from the freedoms that Robert Plant and his family have relentlessly enjoyed. Listen I hope that I am wrong and am missing the point. Please don't bash me but inform me how what I am seeing is different from my perception? Led Zeppelin NEVER had to resort to explicit language to express themselves and get their points across. I've most usually percieved people who resort to that being invdividuals who could not make their point otherwise.

My point being is what ideology is Logan following that he hates the American dollar so much? Especially since he has or is going to have so much more of them than we can possibly ever imagine ourselves? What a hypocrite! Like father, like son as some of you have put it.

Where did you get this idea? I have yet to see evidence that either Logan or Robert "hate the american dollar" as you put it.

I don't mind criticizing the U.S. as all people are not perfect but the accusations that Robert and Logan make undermine those who make the greatest sacrifices FOR THEM who benefit the most!!

What the hell is wrong with you?

Listen I hope that I am wrong and am missing the point. Please don't bash me but inform me how what I am seeing is different from my perception? Led Zeppelin NEVER had to resort to explicit language to express themselves and get their points across. I've most usually percieved people who resort to that being invdividuals who could not make their point otherwise.

The problem is not that your view is different than, say mine, the problem is that you have imagined something for which there is absolutely no evidence for. Until you can show that either Logan or Robert have a problem with America, stop accusing them of it.

Ever heard of "Freedom Fries"? How about "Network News"?

Uhm... where within these songs are the anti-american lyrics? I'll save you the time of hunting down the lyrics:

Freedom Fries Lyrics

The father, son and the Holy Ghost

Took the last train to the coast

They were moving fast, they were raising sand

They were running wild in the promised land

The father, son and the three wise men

Operating undercover out in Bethlehem

Will they heal the sick? Can they raise the dead?

Can they bring it on home like the good book says?

Billy the Kid told the Prince of Thieves,

A little give and take to satisfy my needs

You can give me lots but I'll take some more

I got my eyes on your treasure beneath the desert floor?

Freedom fries and burns and scars

The liberator goes too far

Freedom fries and screams and yells

The promised land is promised hell

Network News Lyrics

Guns, death and noise

Sand, oil and blood

Frontiers drawn on paper

No consideration made for

The poor creature who is living

By the grace of God just giving

He's live on network news

Live on network news

Flags, princes, kings

Patriotic tools

As freedom lies in twisted heaps

Whose final breath his soul to keep

Whose greatest foe, the endless sleep

Whose dying wish to reach next week

A bloody star on the network news

A bloody star on the network news

Tanks, boats and planes

Fire, pain and lies

Environmental terrorists

Tease propaganda's paper fist

Whose trade is all the truth that fits

Who often lies but never sits

But on the fence it's the network news

Yes, on the fence it's network news

The lion and the serpent parade out in the sun

All order, flex and gesture

All hail - the techno infidel has come

With satellite bravado and infra-red texture

Beyond these days in time to come

Whose fate is it to measure

Upon these sands such damage done

To spoil God's finest treasure

Beyond these days [etc repeated]

Guns, death and noise

Sand, oil and blood

Guns, death and noise

Sand, oil and blood

The only line that appears at first to perhaps be "anti-US" is the "Flags, princes, kings, Patriotic tools, as freedom lies in twisted heaps," but that could be many countries (assuming it's directed at just one country). Feel free to show me where these lyrics are, but as of now it appears you're full of crap.

Do YOU think that was complimentary picture of Logan on his website?

So his jacket said fuck you and that MUST be directed at the US? Bullshit.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with GTLO. I don't see the lyrics as particularly anti- USA. As I understand, British, Canadian & US soldiers are at war.

I see lyrics directed at a war that is based on oil supply- not at the US in general (I for one agree with Logan & will send my son to Canada or elsewhere for extended studies when he becomes draft age).

I'm not asking for agreement with any political view. Just reviewing the lyrics.

:rolleyes:

I agree with GTLO. I don't see the lyrics as particularly anti- USA. As I understand, British, Canadian & US soldiers are at war.

I see lyrics directed at a war that is based on oil supply- not at the US in general (I for one agree with Logan & will send my son to Canada or elsewhere for extended studies when he becomes draft age).

I'm not asking for agreement with any political view. Just reviewing the lyrics.

:rolleyes:

I really don't think there is much of an argument about it at all, the guy who said Logan and/or Robert were anti-US was just spouting off non sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived