What about Queen?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Now if I may, I'm not talking about something so obvious as Bohemian Rhapsody. One must go deeper into the Queen canon. Certainly May's tunings on songs like Love of My Life bear appreciation. It's easy to be blinded by the overt pomp of Queen, but musically, there were true moments of inspired brilliance! One can dismiss the image of Freddie in a bubblebath coming up with Crazy Little Thing Called Love, but that would be like judging Zeppelin by Hot Dog. Queen brought rock to a new level of symphonic triumph. Radio Gaga? I don't think so! :beer:

Now if I may, I'm not talking about something so obvious as Bohemian Rhapsody. One must go deeper into the Queen canon. Certainly May's tunings on songs like Love of My Life bear appreciation. It's easy to be blinded by the overt pomp of Queen, but musically, there were true moments of inspired brilliance! One can dismiss the image of Freddie in a bubblebath coming up with Crazy Little Thing Called Love, but that would be like judging Zeppelin by Hot Dog. Queen brought rock to a new level of symphonic triumph. Radio Gaga? I don't think so! beer.gif

My favourite Queen song is I'm In Love With My Car by Roger Taylor.

Archived