It Might Get Loud in Guitar World Sept '09

aen27

I couldn't find this posted anywhere, so I thought I would post it myself. I'm not sure how many people outside the States get to see Guitar World anyway. I think it's a really nice interview and fun as they all seem to have really enjoyed making this. Jimmy sounds really happy! I can't wait to see it!

Enjoy!

gwimgl.jpg

gwimgl1.jpg

gwimgl2.jpg

gwimgl3.jpg

gwimgl4.jpg

Though this is a trivia... I recall an interesting episode in the relation between Jimmy and Jack.

May 21, 2006 (from Mr.Halfin's diary)

Get up at dawn as I'm jetlagged. Seeing Phil Collen has made me paranoid about being fit. As I'm heading for the gym run into Jack White looking his usual vampire-white self. He's been in LA making a video. 'My wife's just had a baby girl, she's named Scarlet - tell Jimmy,' he beams. 'Yes, I've got one too - his name is Oliver and he's, ummm, eighteen.' I give Jack a copy of the Guitar Legends issue. 'You'll hate me when you read this.' Jack laughs, 'Yes - but I'll forgive you...'

But in fact the name of Jack's daughter is ''Scarlett'', isn't it?

Did Jack misunderstand 'Scarlet Page' as 'Scarlett Page'? :D

Though this is a trivia... I recall an interesting episode in the relation between Jimmy and Jack.

May 21, 2006 (from Mr.Halfin's diary)

Get up at dawn as I'm jetlagged. Seeing Phil Collen has made me paranoid about being fit. As I'm heading for the gym run into Jack White looking his usual vampire-white self. He's been in LA making a video. 'My wife's just had a baby girl, she's named Scarlet - tell Jimmy,' he beams. 'Yes, I've got one too - his name is Oliver and he's, ummm, eighteen.' I give Jack a copy of the Guitar Legends issue. 'You'll hate me when you read this.' Jack laughs, 'Yes - but I'll forgive you...'

I remember that now. I thought that was interesting too, as if he was naming his daughter after Jimmy's. :D

And you're welcome about the interview. I remembered you said it's hard to get in Japan. :D

• 1 month later...
The movie hit selected theatres here in the States last Friday - did anyone have a chance to see it, yet?

It's opening in NY and LA on Friday. It was reviewed in New York Times this Sunday. My mother saved the review for me. I know there was a special showing in New York at the end of July. That may be what you are thinking of.

It's opening in NY and LA on Friday. It was reviewed in New York Times this Sunday. My mother saved the review for me. I know there was a special showing in New York at the end of July. That may be what you are thinking of.

Right, I read the article, too. I'm just curious to find out whether anyone had a chance to see it at this point and therefore might be able to share some findings with us/me. Without knowing a lot of background details, I am not really sure how U2's guitarist fits into the picture. But maybe I'm just biased, bacause - and I admit that - I never liked their work. I can see more resemblings of Page's guitar work in Jack White's style, but I just don't see the link to "The Edge".

But to make that clear - I am not judging U2. They are a highly respected, accredited and successful band. It just happen to be not my cup of tea, that's all.

Right, I read the article, too. I'm just curious to find out whether anyone had a chance to see it at this point and therefore might be able to share some findings with us/me. Without knowing a lot of background details, I am not really sure how U2's guitarist fits into the picture. But maybe I'm just biased, bacause - and I admit that - I never liked their work. I can see more resemblings of Page's guitar work in Jack White's style, but I just don't see the link to "The Edge".

But to make that clear - I am not judging U2. They are a highly respected, accredited and successful band. It just happen to be not my cup of tea, that's all.

Me too. :D As far as I'm concerned, it could be Jimmy all the way to Jack, ie The Firm/Outrider/Coverdale/Page, etc.

Me too. :D As far as I'm concerned, it could be Jimmy all the way to Jack, ie The Firm/Outrider/Coverdale/Page, etc.

Someone leave a note to David Guggenheim please that he should make a film of Page ONLY. B)

Might as well let Jimmy direct it, too.

Jack didn't tell Ross how he spelled his daughter's name. ;) (Yes, it's Scarlett.) Jimmy might still have spotted a similarity between the names. :D

Jack (and his wife) may have named their baby after Scarlett O'Hara, hence the spelling.

Jimmy and Charlotte were way ahead of the curve on this name, n'est pas? I used to think it was such an odd name, but it's since become mainstream popular.

Jack (and his wife) may have named their baby after Scarlett O'Hara, hence the spelling.

Jimmy and Charlotte were way ahead of the curve on this name, n'est pas? I used to think it was such an odd name, but it's since become mainstream popular.

I think Jimmy took the name from Crowley's "Scarlet Woman"?

Might as well let Jimmy direct it, too.

Jack didn't tell Ross how he spelled his daughter's name. ;) (Yes, it's Scarlett.) Jimmy might still have spotted a similarity between the names. :D

Yes,,you are right. :D

I think Jimmy took the name from Crowley's "Scarlet Woman"?

That is what I have read.

I've read that too,but I don't know if Jimmy really said that.

Archived