New Alice In Chains song!

DRUNK08

:blink:

. His voice fits well with the sound yet he's not trying to sound exactly like Jerry. Looking forward to the new album.

You mean he's not trying to sound like Layne

Sounds good, the singer sounds better in studio than the stuff I've heard live.

It's a little long to get much radio airplay though.

They made a lot of great music before, hopefully they can do it again.

The Essential Alice In Chains is a great 2 disc collection to have.

You mean he's not trying to sound like Layne

Sounds good, the singer sounds better in studio than the stuff I've heard live.

It's a little long to get much radio airplay though.

They made a lot of great music before, hopefully they can do it again.

The Essential Alice In Chains is a great 2 disc collection to have.

My bad - fixed it :slapface:

It's called a Looking In View. I am curious to see what people think, then I'll add my opinion later.

I'm sure I will get my ass handed to me for saying this here, but I don't like the song. For me personally, AIC died when Layne died.

Just my opinion.

I'm sure I will get my ass handed to me for saying this here, but I don't like the song. For me personally, AIC died when Layne died.

Just my opinion.

In reality, that's true, and most would agree.

Layne Staley was one of the 90's greatest vocalists.

And the new Alice in Chains won't be like the old.

But if the rest of the guys want to regroup,

and there is an audience for it, then why not?

Just my opinion.

Which you're entitled to, of course. But I vehemently disagree. JERRY CANTRELL was, and is the heart of AIC. Oh, I miss Layne too, but you can't bring him back. Will is doing just fine....

In reality, that's true, and most would agree.

Layne Staley was one of the 90's greatest vocalists.

And the new Alice in Chains won't be like the old.

But if the rest of the guys want to regroup,

and there is an audience for it, then why not?

Which you're entitled to, of course. But I vehemently disagree. JERRY CANTRELL was, and is the heart of AIC. Oh, I miss Layne too, but you can't bring him back. Will is doing just fine....

I think if there is an audience that wants to hear it, then they should definitely continue on. I'm just stating that in my opinion (and thank you for respecting it, by the way), it's not the same without Layne. I personally never considered Jerry Cantrell to be the heart of AIC, but to each his/her own. I respect your opinions too.

It's called a Looking In View. I am curious to see what people think, then I'll add my opinion later.

I have to say I like it! I used to LOVE Alice in Chains back in the day.....and totally lost track of them once Layne died. But I do like this song on first listen, and feel like it has a lot of heart and soul of the "old days" of Alice in Chains.

Sharon

Just my opinion.

Might want to listen to it a few times.

As another poster said earlier, Cantrell is the heart and soul of AIC.

I think you're caught up on Layne not being involved, and that's unfortunate. This song sounds exactly like AIC! Why miss out on it?

To be honest, if you were to tell me it was an unreleased song from the old days, I would believe it. It just fits.

And it's great because it's not rehashing an old sound, or trying to be something they once were. They just sound how they sound.

Might want to listen to it a few times.

As another poster said earlier, Cantrell is the heart and soul of AIC.

I think you're caught up on Layne not being involved, and that's unfortunate. This song sounds exactly like AIC! Why miss out on it?

To be honest, if you were to tell me it was an unreleased song from the old days, I would believe it. It just fits.

And it's great because it's not rehashing an old sound, or trying to be something they once were. They just sound how they sound.

I agree. It does sound like AIC... without Layne on lead vocals. Sorry, it's just my preference. Layne's voice and lyrics are what drew me to AIC in the first place, not the sound of the band.

I wish them well though.

Will this make musical history as Chinese Democracy was supposed to?

A soundalike to me is almost an insult to the band. Sort of like how Ripper Owens was chosen to front Judas Priest and how Journey found their latest Steve Perry soundalike via YouTube.

A soundalike to me is almost an insult to the band. Sort of like how Ripper Owens was chosen to front Judas Priest and how Journey found their latest Steve Perry soundalike via YouTube.

This isn't a fair comparison. Will sounds nothing at all like Layne, and is adding his own style to it.

This Layne vs. Will shit is getting old. Either you dig the music or you don't. And I do. B)

In very few cases are bands successfully able to carry on after losing such a vital member as Layne. This may well turn out to be the case for this incarnation of Alice In Chains. It tends to be the exception rather than the rule. AC/DC were more successful after bringing in Brian Johnson but lots of folks still prefer the Bon Scott era. I imagine the same will turn out to be true with Alice In Chains, particularly if this version of the band is indeed a success. On the other hand, if Nirvana were to regroup some would be ecstatic while others would never fully accept them without Cobain.

I have the same opinion as you regarding that, but fortunately, the new singer doesn't sound like Layne. They aren't trying to do copycat vocals.

CD could have made musical history, but the whole situation turned out to be an unexplainable disaster that I'd rather not talk about in this thread. This AIC album is not anywhere close to that situation.

In very few cases are bands successfully able to carry on after losing such a vital member as Layne. This may well turn out to be the case for this incarnation of Alice In Chains. It tends to be the exception rather than the rule. AC/DC were more successful after bringing in Brian Johnson but lots of folks still prefer the Bon Scott era. I imagine the same will turn out to be true with Alice In Chains, particularly if this version of the band is indeed a success. On the other hand, if Nirvana were to regroup some would be ecstatic while others would never fully accept them without Cobain.

Good points all around there. I expect AIC will be fine. Of course you bring up a good comparison, I much prefer Bon over Brian. Always will. But in the end you gotta move on...