Paul McCartney returns to the legendary Ed Sullivan Theatre

Believe it or not, legendary singer/songwriter Paul McCartney has never appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman.

That ll changes this Wednesday, July 15th.

What makes the appearance truly significant, however, is the location of the taping.

Letterman shoots his nightly CBS talk show from what some fans consider to be the birthplace of the Beatles.

McCartney, along with John, George, and Ringo, made his U.S. television debut at the Ed Sullivan Theater on "The Ed Sullivan Show" nearly one half century ago.

On Wednesday, McCartney returns to that equally legendary stage to visit with late night icon David Letterman.

Believe it or not, legendary singer/songwriter Paul McCartney has never appeared on the Late Show with David Letterman.

That ll changes this Wednesday, July 15th.

What makes the appearance truly significant, however, is the location of the taping.

Letterman shoots his nightly CBS talk show from what some fans consider to be the birthplace of the Beatles.

McCartney, along with John, George, and Ringo, made his U.S. television debut at the Ed Sullivan Theater on "The Ed Sullivan Show" nearly one half century ago.

On Wednesday, McCartney returns to that equally legendary stage to visit with late night icon David Letterman.

Thank you! I would not have known to set my DVR!! :)

Sharon

Hi Pagemeister:

I'll be sure to watch it......

I'm proud to admit that I saw the Beatles on The Ed Sullivan show. Our family had a small black and white tv but that didn't matter to this young girl..The show was on Sunday night..I will never forget...

Juliet :wub::thumbsup::cheer:

He looks like he's in pretty good shape. And he still has that little boy look about him.

(who knows how much 'work' he's had done)

His voice held up fine, I dug it. :bravo:

It was funny when his memory slipped a couple of times.

I think only him and Audioslave were ever allowed to perform on the platform or whatever it's called...above the marquee.

Edited by Hotplant

What does McCartney performing on Letterman have to do with Plant?

McCartney & Co. performed outside on the marque of the Letetrman studios without any feedback. :)

Robert Fucking Plant & Co. has ---weeks-- to prepare for the O2 show.....

and all we get is fucking ass feedback for the first 4 songs..... :angry:

That's what I'm talking about - - -

McCartney & Co. performed outside on the marque of the Letetrman studios without any feedback. :)

Robert Fucking Plant & Co. has ---weeks-- to prepare for the O2 show.....

and all we get is fucking ass feedback for the first 4 songs..... :angry:

That's what I'm talking about - - -

Thanks for clarifying as I had no idea what you were referring to. I'm sure some gigs go off seamlessly and others are marred by technical issues. Shit happens. I'd also say sound issues are out of the hands of the artist and are more the responsibility of those running the sound.