It Might Get Loud Event in NYC

SteveAJones

Director Davis Guggenheim at the Apple Store

103 Prince Street Soho NYC

July 29 7pm

see apple.com/soho

Join Oscar-winning director Davis Guggenheim as he discusses his new documentary, It Might Get Loud. This extraordinary film tells the personal stories, in their own words, of three generations of electric guitar virtuosos – The Edge (U2), Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin), and Jack White (The White Stripes). It reveals how each developed his unique sound and style of playing their favorite instruments, guitars both found and invented.

July 29 7pm

see apple.com/soho

Join Oscar-winning director Davis Guggenheim as he discusses his new documentary, It Might Get Loud. This extraordinary film tells the personal stories, in their own words, of three generations of electric guitar virtuosos – The Edge (U2), Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin), and Jack White (The White Stripes). It reveals how each developed his unique sound and style of playing their favorite instruments, guitars both found and invented.

Thanks Steve for the info- I just might be able to attend! If I can I will definitely report back on the event.

I was able to go to this. It was pretty cool to watch clips and hear the director Davis Guggenheim talk about how the whole thing evolved.

He described bringing Jimmy, The Edge and Jack White all together, and how he approached it having been a mistake of sorts. While bringing them separately to the "summit" kept the meeting fresh, Guggenheim said he made a mistake not giving them anything to do in particular, and because of that the first few hours were a little awkward- just talking. Then, Jimmy decided to stand up, grab his guitar, and went into "Whole Lotta Love"- that broke the ice and things just flowed from there.

Another great clip was about the Edge, peeling back the curtain a bit on his effects. Amazing what he does and how he produces his sound- Guggeheim called him a "sonic architect" or something to that effect. All the stuff with the Edge was especially cool having just gotten back from seeing U2 in Dublin this past weekend.

During the audience Q&A session I asked how he was able to get Jimmy to take him inside of his "sanctum sanctorum"; he basically said it was trust. He said that when he first met Jimmy they just sat and talked for two days with no specific agenda, and that the undemanding approach really helped paved the way for that.

Apparently the session will be available on iTunes as a video and/or audio podcast sometime soon.

Very cool hour, and seeing the 5 or 6 clips has gotten me very psyched for the 8/14 NYC premiere! Thanks again for posting Steve- I would have missed it otherwise.

I was able to go to this. It was pretty cool to watch clips and hear the director Davis Guggenheim talk about how the whole thing evolved.

He described bringing Jimmy, The Edge and Jack White all together, and how he approached it having been a mistake of sorts. While bringing them separately to the "summit" kept the meeting fresh, Guggenheim said he made a mistake not giving them anything to do in particular, and because of that the first few hours were a little awkward- just talking. Then, Jimmy decided to stand up, grab his guitar, and went into "Whole Lotta Love"- that broke the ice and things just flowed from there.

Another great clip was about the Edge, peeling back the curtain a bit on his effects. Amazing what he does and how he produces his sound- Guggeheim called him a "sonic architect" or something to that effect. All the stuff with the Edge was especially cool having just gotten back from seeing U2 in Dublin this past weekend.

During the audience Q&A session I asked how he was able to get Jimmy to take him inside of his "sanctum sanctorum"; he basically said it was trust. He said that when he first met Jimmy they just sat and talked for two days with no specific agenda, and that the undemanding approach really helped paved the way for that.

Apparently the session will be available on iTunes as a video and/or audio podcast sometime soon.

Very cool hour, and seeing the 5 or 6 clips has gotten me very psyched for the 8/14 NYC premiere! Thanks again for posting Steve- I would have missed it otherwise.

Many thanks for the report, Tony. I do hope it is ultimately made available on iTunes for all those who are interested in this film but were unable to attend.

Will definitely be there on 8/14. Can't wait to see it.

I haven't watched any clips so it's all new!!

:yesnod: me too, bigzepfan! Can't wait. And thanks, SAJ and Tony V for all the info! Fsr, I jotted down 8/21 on my calendar for the premiere! I'll adjust it. :D

July 29 7pm

see apple.com/soho

How's it going "SteveAJones" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I'm here at the bar using my friend's lap top while nursing a few rum and coke drinks. I just found out that the "IT MIGHT GET LOUD" Documentary opens up here in San Antonio on 25 September 2009. Guess whose anniversary falls on that date? I'm going to try and attempt in going to an earlier showing elsewhere possibly in another city and state. But I will see the showing here in San Antonio on 25 September 2009. I can't wait to see it. In the mean time, take care Steve and ROCK ON!

Archived