Robert...

_Lena_Zep

I read a few times on this forum that people think Robert was egocentric, that he only cared for his looks (especially hair) and how he represented himself to the public... I was wondering if it was true.

He probably was a little bit.

Wasn't Jimmy the one who spent the most time in front of the mirror and messing with his hair? B)

Of course the boys cared about the ways of represting themselves. But to say Robert only cared about his looks is a joke, at least to me. He is a great singer.

I read a few times on this forum that people think Robert was egocentric, that he only cared for his looks (especially hair) and how he represented himself to the public... I was wondering if it was true.

Hi Lena Zep....

I have read quite a few books...and there is no mention of Robert's Beauty Routine...Jimmy, yes, as discussed here many times before...none of the ladies Robert encountered From Miss P. to Michelle Overman have expressed above topic, unless I missed something, but I really don't recall anything...

No, he was not narcissistic.

He must be proud of what he does, and that is why he wants to look great when he has an audience, which is most of the time.

But his real joy comes from entertaining the audience, not from worshipping himself in the mirror. Besides, he has plenty of fans who adore him, so it is a waste of his time to dote on himself. He is a naturally outgoing person and performer.

He does enjoy compliments though, and he has a strong personality. You know when he is present. He is not one to be ignored.

He has a lot of heart and a generous nature.

No, he was not narcissistic.

He must be proud of what he does, and that is why he wants to look great when he has an audience, which is most of the time.

But his real joy comes from entertaining the audience, not from worshipping himself in the mirror. Besides, he has plenty of fans who adore him, so it is a waste of his time to dote on himself. He is a naturally outgoing person and performer.

He does enjoy compliments though, and he has a strong personality. You know when he is present. He is not one to be ignored.

He has a lot of heart and a generous nature.

Hello LenaZep and EL!

Let's not forget the fact that the man is beyond georgeous, just born with it:-) I have also read many books and he never came accross as anything more than loving the music. And EL is correct, he has enough of us who adore him.

I'm sure the 70's wasn't known at the "Me Decade" for nothing! ;) I'll take a guess and say there were a bit of narcissistic qualities with all of them (and every other celebrity) who reigned in the 70's. But Robert is the first to admit he was a different person back then as he's stated in a few interviews. But hey, looking like how he did in the 70's combined with all the fan adoration... he's excused for being somewhat narcissistic back then. :P

He's a Leo, right? Although I don;t apply astrology as a way of rubberstamping people, I must say that people who fall under this sign have a self confidence that I find irresistible.

Oh, and did anyone forget to mention he is gorgeous??? hehehe.

Archived