deep meaning

Todays Led Hed

so this might be me but i was hoping to get some input on why i think led zeppelin is not only the best (in my opinion) but why i cant compare the deep meanings of all their songs to anyone else or any other band with the only one close the jimi hendrix experience their songs just create such deep thought and meanings to life anyone else care to keep going

There are a lot of other bands whose songs have deep meaning:

Beatles-ever listened to "Tomorrow Never Knows"? Or "Eleanor Rigby"? Or "I Want You(She's So Heavy)"? How about "The End"?

Pink Floyd-Their songs are famous for being deep! Roger Waters' brilliant songwriting reflects his social and political beliefs. Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Animals, along with many other separate songs, are possibly the deepest music I've ever heard.

Don't get me wrong; Zep has written some really deep music(Stairway to Heaven, Achilles Last Stand, etc.), but it's not the deepest stuff ever.

:peace:,

Jo

so this might be me but i was hoping to get some input on why i think led zeppelin is not only the best (in my opinion) but why i cant compare the deep meanings of all their songs to anyone else or any other band with the only one close the jimi hendrix experience their songs just create such deep thought and meanings to life anyone else care to keep going

There are a lot of other bands whose songs have deep meaning:

Beatles-ever listened to "Tomorrow Never Knows"? Or "Eleanor Rigby"? Or "I Want You(She's So Heavy)"? How about "The End"?

Pink Floyd-Their songs are famous for being deep! Roger Waters' brilliant songwriting reflects his social and political beliefs. Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Animals, along with many other separate songs, are possibly the deepest music I've ever heard.

Don't get me wrong; Zep has written some really deep music(Stairway to Heaven, Achilles Last Stand, etc.), but it's not the deepest stuff ever.

:peace:,

Jo

Hey "Todays Led Hed", and welcome to the group! You seem to have a good handle on thing's here. I'd like to throw in that Led Zeppelin was also a band that hit many different area's of music with the Blue's Rock sound that they did so well.

Music like Pink Floyd did (another one of my favorites) is way out in left field with the subjects covered, much of Pink Floyd's music make's absolutely no since at all. While some Pink Floyd songs are crystal clear, most of Roger Water's stuff is just, well, I cant really put an exact finger on it. :)

Well, I think Zeppelin wrote the deepest music, but many bands play with a lot of soul. Led Zeppelin had the most in my opinion, with songs like Ten Years Gone, The Rain Song, ALS, Stairway, SIBLY, and No Quarter. If your a musician yourself or a really big Zep fan, you get it it. It's a feeling you can't explain, but its powerful stuff. but other bands like other people said (The Beatles, Pink Floyd) the Who, Aerosmith, Eric Clapton & his various side projects, Danny Gatton, Ten Years After, SRV, The Marshall Tucker Band, and CCR come to mind as "soulful" bands. "Layla" is one of my favorite deep songs.

Led Zep will always be may favorite, though. Hell, the engraving on my high school class ring is "LED ZEP" tongue.gif

The deep meaning in LZ songs is a combination of the lyrics and the music, but mostly the music and the way the lyrics are expressed by Plant. I respond much more to what the music says to me than what the lyrics say. I guess that's why I have difficulty appreciating artists whose main talent is in writing meaningful lyrics.

As others have said, it doesn't have to be lyrics which make a song 'deep'. Ultimately it's the music which is the numero uno factor in a 'song'.

Remember, classical music is some of the deepest music ever written.............and yet no lyrics.

Personally in my opinion deep lyrics are better of in a poetry book. One reason why I can't stand Dylan.

The deep meaning in LZ songs is a combination of the lyrics and the music, but mostly the music and the way the lyrics are expressed by Plant. I respond much more to what the music says to me than what the lyrics say. I guess that's why I have difficulty appreciating artists whose main talent is in writing meaningful lyrics.

:yesnod: Good post! I agree with you. I respond more to emotional music than good lyrics, mostly because much of the time I can't hear what words the person is singing! Then I have to go find the lyrics somewhere and read them for myself while I listen along with the song. (I had more appreciation for Stairway to Heaven once I looked up the lyrics!)

As far as lyrics go, The Beatles and Pink Floyd are good. But as far as lyrics AND music goes, Zep is the best.

:yesnod: Good post! I agree with you. I respond more to emotional music than good lyrics, mostly because much of the time I can't hear what words the person is singing! Then I have to go find the lyrics somewhere and read them for myself while I listen along with the song. (I had more appreciation for Stairway to Heaven once I looked up the lyrics!)

As far as lyrics go, The Beatles and Pink Floyd are good. But as far as lyrics AND music goes, Zep is the best.

I only understood the first two lines of the lyrics to "Immigrant Song" when it came out. I wasn't very old at the time but I knew that "Our only goal will be the record store" couldn't be right. :P

Archived