when was Walter's Walk recorded?

from Dave Lewis' book The Complete Guide to the Music of Led Zeppelin:

"It's quite possible that this song existed only as a basic backing track until the band put Coda together. Plant's vocal delivery sounds very Eighties in feel (not unlike "Burning Down One Side" from his first solo album) and it could well be that a new vocal was recorded at the Sol Studios in early 1982."

From "Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song", by Chris Welch:

"The piece was recorded in May 1972 during sessions at Mick Jagger's Stargroves studios in Berkshire, using the Rolling Stones' mobile studio. Eddie Kramer was in charge of engineering and the number was originally intended for the Houses of the Holy album. A strangely muddy sound pervades the piece, which lacks a strong melody. Some experts have suggested this was only ever a backing track, updated later for inclusion in Coda. The tune was based on a riff that Page had worked up during performances of 'Dazed and Confused' when the band were on tour in the mid-70s."

From "Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused: The Stories Behind Every Song", by Chris Welch:

"The tune was based on a riff that Page had worked up during performances of 'Dazed and Confused' when the band were on tour in the mid-70s."

check D&C version from How The West Was Won album for a interesting alternative plant vocal,

very scatting and jazz fusion like.

Some of it sounds like Plants vocals from 72' like the parts where he sings "I'm walking the floors over you, I'm walking the floors", & other parts sound like later 70's early 80's where he sings "Oh, you know it's hard, you know it's hard'. I guess it's a bit of both.

hmm so in a way it's the last Led Zeppelin song. btw do you guys recommend those two books? I'm always interested in finding out more about Led Zeppelin but a lot of written material is frustratingly fictional *cough*hammerofthegods*/cough*

You can preview both books via google to see if you might like them:

Chris Welch: Dazed and Confused

The Complete Guide To The Music Of Led Zeppelin

hmm so in a way it's the last Led Zeppelin song. btw do you guys recommend those two books? I'm always interested in finding out more about Led Zeppelin but a lot of written material is frustratingly fictional *cough*hammerofthegods*/cough*

Well Hammer of the Gods is probably the extreme case.

These books are good reads, but why buy them when Steve is on the watch!?

Archived