Alexis Korner and Robert Plant 67 or 68

djzoso

don't know if this has already been posted: two songs recorded by Alexis Korner and Robert Plant in 1967 or 1968

here's one called "Operator"

http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=0d3e93c

here's another called "Steal Away"

it's supposed to be apart of a recording session, i can't find any others if i do you guys will be the first ones to hear about it

Those songs are on compilations from Alexis Korner as well as Robert's 66 to Timbuktu (Operator is). Great stuff and interesting as always to hear early Robert. I believe those are the only two known tracks but perhaps someone could confirm that?

Stormy Blues includes some lyrics from Reconsider Baby.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cL9fj0Wqpuc

"Operator" and "Steal Away" are the only 2 songs confirmed to have been recorded. Robert has stated that he worked on an album with Korner, but no other song titles have been mentioned. And no one really knows when the sessions were recorded (we know that Plant was working with Korner in May-June 1968, but Korner's albums claim that the 2 songs were recorded in September).

P.S. Is Lowell Fulson really Prince Vultan from Flash Gordon??

"Operator" and "Steal Away" are the only 2 songs confirmed to have been recorded. Robert has stated that he worked on an album with Korner, but no other song titles have been mentioned. And no one really knows when the sessions were recorded (we know that Plant was working with Korner in May-June 1968, but Korner's albums claim that the 2 songs were recorded in September).

Scott, I also show Robert allegedly honored a BBC World Service radio session date with Alexis Korner at the Aeolian Hall in London on Oct 10th 1968, the same day Led Zeppelin recorded at Olympic Studios. However, so far as I know

there are no recordings in circulation to substantiate this conclusively.

Not to my knowledge; Alan Melvin reportedly provided the voice and Brian Blessed portrayed Prince Vultan in the 1980 film (source: wiki).

During his time from March 31, 1921 March 7, 1999, Lowell Fulson was known as a blues artist.

RIP

Edited by eternal light

• 11 years later...

I have bought the Alexis Korner - Every Day I Have The Blues - The Sixties Anthology 3CD set. It contains much richer Stereo versions of Operator (not just flat centered Mono as on '66 to Timbuktu') and Steal Away and here is the passage from the liner notes of the short period with Robert Plant:

20210518_174028.jpg

• Administrators
2 hours ago, hindenburg6880 said:

I have bought the Alexis Korner - Every Day I Have The Blues - The Sixties Anthology 3CD set. It contains much richer Stereo versions of Operator (not just flat centered Mono as on '66 to Timbuktu') and Steal Away and here is the passage from the liner notes of the short period with Robert Plant:

20210518_174028.jpg

:thumbsup:

• 7 months later...

The Steve Miller, associated with the canterbury scene, (not "The Joker" one), plays piano on this session as well. In the late 60s, early 70s, he was in the band, Delivery, and later collaborated with Lol Coxhill. His more well known guitarist brother, Phil Miller, was also in Delivery, but also Matching Mole, Hatfield & The North, and National Health.