Mississippi Blues Trail Marker dedication honoring W.C. Handy

• Administrators

Mississippi Blues Trail Marker dedication honoring W.C. Handy and thetown of Tutwiler. Robert Plant talks about how the blues of Sonny BoyWilliamson affected his life and career.

www.robertplant.com/news/mississippi-blues-trail-marker-dedication-honoring-wc-handy-rp-interview/?spid=1

Sam, I echo the sentiments of Deborah J. Much thanks for posting this. How long ago did this interview take place?

I find it fascinating that Robert Plant has made as many pilgrimages to this area of Mississippi to "reconnect" as he put it. Loved the line, "Saturday night belonged to the devil. Sunday you went to church."

Eloquent as always, Plant can say more in four minutes than most say forty minutes.

Jabe - I believe this took place this week.

Many thanks for posting this Sam! It's always a treat to hear Robert talk about the musicians that had such a profound effect on him.

I was guessing this week as well.

Then on to Nashville?

That was a great interview. Plant's as well spoken as he is passionate about paying tribute to his musical muses.

"Do you have a card?" :lol:

Wish I'd known he was in the Delta this week. *sniff* Thanks, Sam!

Robert is a big supporter of the Delta Blues Museum, where he's held in great esteem. Another place was added to the Mississippi Blues Trail this week too, this one actually across the river in Louisiana.

Is there a link you could provide about this, Aqua? It would be cool to get some more info about this, thanks.

^ Much obliged, PlanetPage. I meant news specifically about that location Aqua mentioned, but perhaps that's already on the sites you provided. Didn't notice it though I've only time just now for a cursory look. Will look into it more later :)

....you very welcome...I didn't either, but it is very informative and fascinating..will also look into it..... :)

Edited by PlanetPage

Sorry, Patrycja, I don't think the additional place has been added to the web sites yet--I knew about it because it was in the local paper, just last week, I think. (Because it was a Louisiana site.) I can't remember the name of the place offhand :slapface: , but it's directly across the river from Natchez. I'll see if it's still on the local paper's web site.

Later--Ferriday! That's the name of the place (I've driven through it enough times :rolleyes:). Here's the info:

Ferriday added to Blues Trail

Edited by Aquamarine

Loved the line, "Saturday night belonged to the devil. Sunday you went to church."

Eloquent as always, Plant can say more in four minutes than most say forty minutes.

Goodfellas:

"Saturday night was for wives, but Friday night at the Copa was always for the girlfriends"

Not implying any direct connection, but director Martin Scorsese could have paraphrased the old bluesmans' expression, as he clearly has great taste in rock and roll. :beer:

Sorry, Patrycja, I don't think the additional place has been added to the web sites yet--I knew about it because it was in the local paper, just last week, I think. (Because it was a Louisiana site.) I can't remember the name of the place offhand :slapface: , but it's directly across the river from Natchez. I'll see if it's still on the local paper's web site.

Later--Ferriday! That's the name of the place (I've driven through it enough times :rolleyes:). Here's the info:

Ferriday added to Blues Trail

Excellent! Thanks very much, Aqua, I appreciate it :)

Mississippi Blues Trail Marker dedication honoring W.C. Handy and thetown of Tutwiler. Robert Plant talks about how the blues of Sonny BoyWilliamson affected his life and career.

www.robertplant.com/news/mississippi-blues-trail-marker-dedication-honoring-wc-handy-rp-interview/?spid=1

I saw James Cotton perform a couple of years after Sonny Boy Williamson died. I can still remember listening to 24 Hours as if it were yesterday. It sounded like a freight train had hit someone. But I guess he missed his friend a lot.